2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, my truck delivered last night to the dealer! They stayed around and let look at it and do a little inspection as well. It's amazing how when you get to sit in it for the first time that you forget that it was built on 10/27, and lived on ramp59 all that time!

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, my truck delivered last night to the dealer! They stayed around and let look at it and do a little inspection as well. It's amazing how when you get to sit in it for the first time that you forget that it was built on 10/27, and lived on ramp59 all that time!

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

Hope this worked, having trouble with photos. Will pick truck up after work tonight!

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loving this truck, finally got the clear wrap to protect from chips and also did the roof black along with the Husky mudflaps. Have about 3k miles on her now and it's running awesome.

For anyone interested in paint protection I used Suntek clear on the whole front end, mirror caps, door handles and rear fenders, but they also have a Suntek Matte product that they used to protect all the matte magnetic painted plastic and front bumper. Turned out pretty nice actually and the painted plastic already had a few chips so I'm glad its finally done. I actually considered giving the whole truck the Matte wrap because matte Avalanche looked pretty sick on a test section... but I'm not sure how hard it'll be to look after on a truck that is constantly getting dirty so I chickened out.

Can you please post some more pics from different angles so we can see the mud flaps?

Also, regarding the roof wrap, is that just a gloss black vinyl wrap? Anything "special" about that color/sheen? Looks AWESOME. Would like to duplicate when my raptor arrives in 2020.....

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Congrats man. Looks great. I know you've been waiting a while.

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is it nobody has mentioned the "custom ambient lighting"!??
hwaih3.jpg
How cool is that!??

My gf keeps changing it top purple when i hop out of the truck -_-

What is the best hard-top bedcover for my new baby? I plan on getting the liner done by LineX (unless someone steers me elsewhere) but I not sure what to do for a nice cover. I have a segmented four fold on my 2010. My dealer provided it...help.

Loaded question there... I went with the BakVP and a BedRug. The answer to your question is a question, what do you want it to do? Either way before you buy anything reach out to @Rick@FreedomMotorsports before you buy anything... crazy deals.

nick731

Reaction score
Only have one more and it's not much different, turned out kinda dark bc I was messing with the white balance. Will take some more tomorrow or the next day and post again.

Thanks for the compliments, not really a new idea but I do like the look. My MB car had the option from the factory and I like the contrast, especially from the front it catches your eye coming down the road.

MXBvINj.jpg

Thanks bombSquad, it might not be a new idea but you executed it perfectly. :biggrin:

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally! Picked it up 1/31……….It was worth the wait because cancelling the order an buying another vehicle would not of compared to owning this G2, but I’m more upset I was not driving it sooner.
My impressions and quick review……..
Drives smooth, not feeling anything negative with tranny except a quick slight down shift during slight acceleration.
I forget I’m in an off road truck and take curves like I’m driving a sports car. A little roll if you’re going to fast at the off ramp.
Don’t like…….
Fake engine noise, I can tell it is coming from inside of truck. Gonna find a way to disable it.
Mirror spot lights don’t stay on while driving, need a hack for that.

Attachments

• IMG_4839.JPG
    IMG_4839.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Raptor inside.jpeg
    Raptor inside.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 126

MRxGREEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally! Picked it up 1/31……….It was worth the wait because cancelling the order an buying another vehicle would not of compared to owning this G2, but I’m more upset I was not driving it sooner.
My impressions and quick review……..
Drives smooth, not feeling anything negative with tranny except a quick slight down shift during slight acceleration.
I forget I’m in an off road truck and take curves like I’m driving a sports car. A little roll if you’re going to fast at the off ramp.
Don’t like…….
Fake engine noise, I can tell it is coming from inside of truck. Gonna find a way to disable it.
Mirror spot lights don’t stay on while driving, need a hack for that.

Looks great. Loving the black and white contrast.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited: