2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone did post they were PDP. Is PDP the seller or manufacturer or what?

Here's a link. If I go with these I will be doing the black on black in the link.

Ford Raptor Mud Flaps Splash Guards SVT Raptor Flaps_ BLACK | eBay

These are the ones I would get too. On the fence about it. Like the looks better without them but guess ill have to get and drive the truck first to see how much they are needed. Have fuel trophys ordered and I know they are gonna put the tires out there a little further...

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are the ones I would get too. On the fence about it. Like the looks better without them but guess ill have to get and drive the truck first to see how much they are needed. Have fuel trophys ordered and I know they are gonna put the tires out there a little further...

I live in Pa and throughout the entire winter our roads are covered with salt and gravel so I think I need flaps to reduce stone chipping. I've looked at a bunch of flaps. Personally I don't think the molded style (which I had on my 13' FX4) looks right on the Raptor and I don't like a "gaudy" flap with loud colors or lettering. I think the look of the flat rigid flap makes it look more like a functional piece rather than an attempt at a stylish addition.

These flaps are expensive for what they are plus it kills me every time I look at the stupid cheap ass screws they include with them.

I looked at the Raptor I delivered the other day. I think it will be easy to use the screws that hold the wheel lip moldings on to mount the mud flaps. Plus I think there is plenty of room to adjust where you want the flap to be mounted. Meaning out to cover wheels with more back space or lower to cover more of the tire spray.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Pa and throughout the entire winter our roads are covered with salt and gravel so I think I need flaps to reduce stone chipping. I've looked at a bunch of flaps. Personally I don't think the molded style (which I had on my 13' FX4) looks right on the Raptor and I don't like a "gaudy" flap with loud colors or lettering. I think the look of the flat rigid flap makes it look more like a functional piece rather than an attempt at a stylish addition.

These flaps are expensive for what they are plus it kills me every time I look at the stupid cheap ass screws they include with them.

I looked at the Raptor I delivered the other day. I think it will be easy to use the screws that hold the wheel lip moldings on to mount the mud flaps. Plus I think there is plenty of room to adjust where you want the flap to be mounted. Meaning out to cover wheels with more back space or lower to cover more of the tire spray.

Definately Agree on the look of the flaps...Ya I am 20 minutes from the Canadian border and have to deal with the snow and the salt also. Thanks for the info. I will probebly end up doing the same

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the mud flaps. To each their own.

I have taken mine to the mud and sand the past 3 weekends and didn't have anything that I would consider excess on the bumpers or doors for me to believe I would need additional mud flaps. Of course thier is stuff there but nothing that I would consider excess.

But like I said, to each their own.

Last edited:
OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea brother.. just not a big fan of them but also living in the mid-atlantic (I'm in at the beach in southern delaware), the salt air, snow, ice, can be killer. If I had to use them, I'd also get the black on black PDP guards as well.

While we're at it, here's my Gen2 sitting out in the driveway next to our '05 Rubicon during our first winter storm... my wife was laughing all morning while her '15 XSport sits cozy in the garage...
doh.gif

IMG_9687_zpsmzjba85d.jpg

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea brother.. just not a big fan of them but also living in the mid-atlantic (I'm in at the beach in southern delaware), the salt air, snow, ice, can be killer. If I had to use them, I'd also get the black on black PDP guards as well.

While we're at it, here's my Gen2 sitting out in the driveway next to our '05 Rubicon during our first winter storm... my wife was laughing all morning while her '15 XSport sits cozy in the garage...
doh.gif

IMG_9687_zpsmzjba85d.jpg

I really don't like the look of a mud flap. It's all about function for me. I put bigger tires on my 13' FX4 and without mud flaps it would sling crap all over the bottom rounded edge of the bed and the rear wheel lip moldings. I usually drive a vehicle in sloppy weather and then look where the tire spray is on the truck before I decide to do flaps or not. I'm just thinking with the larger tires and the more aggressive tread that it will be prone to throwing stones and crap on the body.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't like the look of a mud flap. It's all about function for me. I put bigger tires on my 13' FX4 and without mud flaps it would sling crap all over the bottom rounded edge of the bed and the rear wheel lip moldings. I usually drive a vehicle in sloppy weather and then look where the tire spray is on the truck before I decide to do flaps or not. I'm just thinking with the larger tires and the more aggressive tread that it will be prone to throwing stones and crap on the body.

Yep agree. I'll likely get the PDP guards as well. I did email them asking if they were going to update the design to match the new graphics of the Gen2. Haven't heard back yet but if I do, I'll post it here.

Last edited: