2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- surprised it doesn't have self park and massage seats...

Thanks for the review. I thought self park was part of either the tech package or 802a - is it not?

I thought the same about the massaging seats until I realized that they're different seats than what's in the platinum, limited, etc. So they'd probably have to have redesigned the mechanism.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the review!

Man I'm jealous of you guys already out enjoying your trucks.

Congratulations though!!

What a way to celebrate Xmas!

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3) The BFG tires are great (on road only so far). There is zero humming, growling etc. They are as smooth as my wifes Michelins are on her denali. I noticed they are "C" range which I bet has something to do with it. Most off road type tires I've ever had are D or E range. I think the C ride smoother.

Are you sure the tires are C rated? They should be E rated.

From BFG website;

Tire Size: LT315/70R17Manufacturer Part #: 08806
UTQGL Load/ Speed Rating Ply Rating Run Flat Sidewall Color Overall Tire Diameter Tread Life Warranty Approved Rim Width Max. Tire Pressure Max. Load Tread Depth Rim Diameter
121/118S E/10-ply rating N Black Wall 34.41 N/A 8 - 11 65 3195@65 15 17

The OEM could have different specs I guess. I had to double check because I ordered a set to put on my 250, when it arrives.

Bishop1134

Reaction score
Do you really think the headlights aren't as bright as your 2014? I am asking because I didn't really notice a difference going from my 2014 Raptor to my 2015 EBP. My night vision kinda sucks anyway, and my Raptor was set at mid perch without fully adjusting the headlight aim. When I went from my 2013 EBP to my Raptor I noticed a huge difference. This has me curious...

Sadly, yes, and unfortunately; it appears to not be all that subjective.

These guys tested quite a few models and compared the results:

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/desktopnews/most-pickup-trucks-have-poor-headlights-iihs-tests-show

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So how do the door skins look around the handles? I shopped for 15+ trucks and looking down the side of the truck, they all looked *really* wavy in the first inch around the handle. Wondering if Ford has managed to fix that yet.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how do the door skins look around the handles? I shopped for 15+ trucks and looking down the side of the truck, they all looked *really* wavy in the first inch around the handle. Wondering if Ford has managed to fix that yet.
I noticed that too. Don't tell me ford is making the same crap dodge does!

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Remember the loud exhaust noise will actually make it feel like your going faster too. Since the new raptor is quiter it will seem slower in that regard. Don't be afraid to spool up those turbos and hit it, once you get your break in done. I'm sure it will pin you back a little more.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like shooter65 I've been checking this forum since placing my order in mid October. I was able to customize the first allocation from my local dealer and played the waiting game. I ordered a Lightning Blue SuperCrew with the 802a package, tailgate applique & step, moonroof, heated steering wheel and heated second row, . My truck was built on 12/6 and arrived at the local shipping yard 12/15, then the next day at the dealership. I took delivery on 12/16.

Here are my impressions:

- Lightning Blue without the graphics packages looks amazing in person. Way better than all of the press images we've seen so far.
- The ride quality caught is great, and perfect for Atlanta's bad roads.
- The sounds pretty good inside and out. You can definitely hear some turbo and intake noise. Exhaust note is deep.
- Engine break-in period is killing me. Just knowing how much power I have on tap but can't use until the process is completed.
- I'm still not sold on the transmission. Doing 45-50mph in 10th is great for cruising but in normal it takes a decent amount of throttle to get it to downshift.

I'll continue to document my thoughts and impressions as I put on more miles.

50361716095__A6E365C7-4A53-4696-8BED-E9EFD1FDAB00.JPG

50361717896__7FC9336B-D820-4F94-9A3A-65ADDB39A43A.JPG

50361720995__B075FFA0-0EAF-4292-838B-0B5FFDFB19B4.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4902.JPG

Hey K-Doob, it looks like in the side-view pic of your truck you have rear wheel well liners. Did you order something special to get these or what were your options/packages you ordered? I don't like the exposed bed color (in the wheel wells) that I've seen in some pics of the Raptor and am just wondering about this. Thanks and congrats!!!!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that too. Don't tell me ford is making the same crap dodge does!

Every 2015 on the lot was like that. Really bugged the crap out of me. It's so obvious when you look down the side of the truck. Just wondering if they changed their process to correct that. I highly doubt they fixed it, but you never know.