2017 - Blown engine - 42k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is like anything else - nobody wants to take the time to think things through. This is not specific to Ford, or its service shops. I have two sub par products at home and talking to each customer service division for them is a nightmare. You can tell they are trained to make you feel better about a failing / failed product.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like the whole, "We can't find anything wrong with it." statement is always a cop out. I really don't understand why you can't get decent service at a dealership.

Put yourself in their position. If someone brings in a vehicle complaining of an issue, and you genuinely cannot reproduce the issue- what do you do? The proper thing to do is say we could not duplicate the issue and give them back their vehicle, which is exactly what they say and do.

Reaction score
Put yourself in their position. If someone brings in a vehicle complaining of an issue, and you genuinely cannot reproduce the issue- what do you do? The proper thing to do is say we could not duplicate the issue and give them back their vehicle, which is exactly what they say and do.

Fair, personal experience leaves me biased towards the opposite. Service departments have, historically, been ill equipped as far as personnel and management.

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you pick it up yet to see if what they are saying is true? Also, did you get a car wash between the issue and taking it there?

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lord that's scary! The video evidence proves something is wrong, I get the dealer can't replicate the issue and that would be frustrating.

Keep us in the loop bro, hope it goes well!