2016 Snoball Preparations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just received them. They are BRIGHT.. Glad I got the dual color cause if all the LEDs were amber they probably would be too bright.

The white is an amazing light for Bed lighting and tailgaters.

I will need to bring my DSLR out and take photos of the Cyclone Amber and the Cannons amber in the same conditions with fixed ISO so you can really see how much brighter these are.

I am thinking of putting these in my taillights to replace the normal bulbs now as well.. Could use them as blinkers, reverse lights, brake lights and flashers since they have 3 modes.

Looking forward to seeing them. Maybe post some pics and info in my diy thread to provide some other options for people. I don't care for how tall the 360 version is but from the one video I started watching it looks like those are primarily for light housings with minimal reflectors. I'll have to do some more research on them to see how they function. My only complaint with the vertex is that you have to alternate through the patterns when you want to change. Never had a huge problem with it but I researched a lot of options to create preset patterns. Ended up finding out whelen has a control system for that purpose but not a lot of info on it.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea the 360 is for inside a housing.

And yes you would set the units as steady state and then tie them into a LED flash control module. Lots of options for these and then you have much better control of flash patterns and multiple light groups.

These ones are also made in the USA an very high quality. I would not hesitate to pick up these or the whelens. But I would be cautious on the other cheaper units on the market that seem to be cheap china made knockoffs.

These were a great price for the dual color and come with the surface mount bracket so you do not need to buy it separate like the vertex.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation for a shop in SE Michigan for perch adjustment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Radio installed - check

Rear facing ambers wired - check

Tires to handle the snow / ice - check

New wiper blades - check

Now - I saw someone mention washer fluid. What do you guys use? Will I have to buy it further up north when we get there? They really don't sell anything here that handles the REALLY cold stuff.

Does anybody use a fuel additive like the HEAT product? We run it down here due to the temperature swings we have.

Thanks for any HELPFUL input.....

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run the preston deicer fluid. It has a higher methanol concentration for lower temps than the normal winter fluid. I also buy the booster to throw in the tank to support even lower temps.

I just ordered my kenwood radio so I need to get a mount and antenna for the roof and an adapter to mount the faceplate. I think I saw someone with a kenwood up infront of the sunglass holder.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Radio installed - check

Rear facing ambers wired - check

Tires to handle the snow / ice - check

New wiper blades - check

Now - I saw someone mention washer fluid. What do you guys use? Will I have to buy it further up north when we get there? They really don't sell anything here that handles the REALLY cold stuff.

Does anybody use a fuel additive like the HEAT product? We run it down here due to the temperature swings we have.

Thanks for any HELPFUL input.....

I use e-30 year round! It is the additive

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
fc4aacd347c640a30e4b2ddc55cca1f4.jpg

Kids helped with snowball prep instead of SnoBall prep.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk