2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZOMBYKLR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for one would gladly accept a turbo charged V-8 in the new raptor but I have owned an ecoboost F-150 and I traded it back in within six months because I couldn't stand it sounding like a "whimpy" little truck. The motor pulled hard and had plenty of performance but it just didn't have that sound and feel of a truck, not to mention a Raptor! I know that there will be those out there that say they have upgraded their ecoboost exhaust and it sounds great but that would be a lie, you just can't get that deep rumble out of a V-6.......

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Offcourse sounds is part
Of the experience

But that is beeing fixed with virtual sound nowa day's

So outside ur truck is silent
Inside it sounds like a TT or and F1 car

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't stand it sounding like a "whimpy" little truck

So youre one of those that has to compensate with a big loud truck to reaffirm your manliness I see.

Ive had loud and quiet vehicles and prefer quiet. Loud exhaust on the highway gets annoying very quickly and is just not needed. Sure a deep sounding v8 is nice and all but if that what sells you a truck youre an idiot. Throw some aftermarket exhaust on whatever you have and call it a day because news flash, the exhaust is what gives the motor its sound, not the motor itself. Wonder why Ferrari has a patent on their exhaust note and exhaust setup? Because its what gives the ferrari its signature sound.

Ever heard a BMW m3 with a v8? It sounds raspy instead of deep. Why? Because Europeans prefer raspy exhaust over deep 'american' exhaust.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So youre one of those that has to compensate with a big loud truck to reaffirm your manliness I see.

Ive had loud and quiet vehicles and prefer quiet. Loud exhaust on the highway gets annoying very quickly and is just not needed. Sure a deep sounding v8 is nice and all but if that what sells you a truck youre an idiot. Throw some aftermarket exhaust on whatever you have and call it a day because news flash, the exhaust is what gives the motor its sound, not the motor itself. Wonder why Ferrari has a patent on their exhaust note and exhaust setup? Because its what gives the ferrari its signature sound.

Ever heard a BMW m3 with a v8? It sounds raspy instead of deep. Why? Because Europeans prefer raspy exhaust over deep 'american' exhaust.

Also sound is very different between
short and long stroks
The firing order
Rpm
Displacement

ZOMBYKLR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

First, thanks for the personal attack! The only idiot is a person who calls another an idiot without knowing said person.... Second, compensating is for boys. Lastly, I have 68K miles on my Raptor that I bought new and I still have the stock exhaust on it so before you start throwing the insults around at people you should stop and think. It was only my opinion having owned a new F-150 with the ecoboost and my Raptor. Kind of like a choice in color, some people like red and some people like blue, is one better than the other? Answer, no, but it is a personal choice and I wouldn't call someone an idiot for choosing what they like. Since this is a forum for Raptor owners I will not begin to comment on the Ferrari and BMW remarks.....

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hack the exhaust off a 4 banger and itll sound beefy too.

It just boggles my mind someone would give up a truck simply because the exhaust isnt manly enough for them.

"Oh I love everything about this truck, its everything I need! It looks great, drives great, has all the options I need, my favorite color, everything! Oh hold on...the exhaust doesnt sound manly enough so people will think Im a girl or not lumberjack enough, nope cant buy it sorry!"

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All the talk doesn't mean anything until the actual info comes from Ford.

Maybe you didn't know this but...

Ford has a Mustang GT350R that it's been testing using a motor derived from the 5.0-liter Coyote V8. It has slightly higher displacement and it puts out over 500HP using a flat-plane crank. It sounds fantastic.

You can hear it on YouTube

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All the talk doesn't mean anything until the actual info comes from Ford.

Maybe you didn't know this but...

Ford has a Mustang GT350R that it's been testing using a motor derived from the 5.0-liter Coyote V8. It has slightly higher displacement and it puts out over 500HP using a flat-plane crank. It sounds fantastic.

You can hear it on YouTube

Exactly. I said this earlier. If ford decides to use that motor in the Raptor we will have a BEAST on our hands.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I want to know is why there is absolutely no info on the next Raptor....with the exception of the spy shots from months ago -Nothing!! WTF??? With the '15 F-150s out this week for test drives you figure something would slip......

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Raptor test mule spy shots

All I want to know is why there is absolutely no info on the next Raptor....with the exception of the spy shots from months ago -Nothing!! WTF??? With the '15 F-150s out this week for test drives you figure something would slip......

According to Top Gear (magazine), in their review of the new F150, they state at the end that there will be a Raptor for 2016 and we should expect to see it unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. Thats the most i've heard, and it does make sense.

Also Ford released a teaser video which looks to be some shots of the GT350 which will be revealed on the 17th of this month. But what is interesting, in the video it says 1/5. Whether that means it is 1/5 teasers or something else is yet to be known.

Last edited: