2014 Remote Start not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zero to 60

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been answered before but I have not found it. I just moved from Germany to HI and I made a stop in WA State, purchased the 2014 Raptor and shipped it the same day. I did not have a lot of time in between my move and now I cannot take it back to the dealer for assistance. When the vehicle arrived on island, I noticed the remote start does not work. The horn and lights do not even respond when the button is hit twice on the key fob. Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I took my wife's Range Rover to the jag dealer and it coast $435 just to run a diagnostic for a stuck turbo actuator...not trying to pay the same for an issue on my truck. Thanks again.

spost

Reaction score
Check under the hood, near the coolant reservoir on the driver's side. There is a switch that must be depressed when the hood is closed in order allow the remote start to function. Chech the switch and the plug to the switch; if it's bent down or if the plug is dirty you might be able to solve your issue.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Battery on key fob bad or going out? When mine started acting up, I replaced the battery and it was like a new key fob.

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery on key fob bad or going out? When mine started acting up, I replaced the battery and it was like a new key fob.
Same here when I had my '14. As soon as I replaced the battery, it worked like new!

gtxracer

Reaction score
If there is a CEL or the under-hood sensor is not depressed it won't allow remote start. Learned this the hard way when my girlfriend popped the hood by accident then never told me. It was barely enough to now allow remote start.

Curt Kautsch

Reaction score
hood must be fully closed to engage CEL, also another quick fix is make sure doors are locked, and push the button with a "1001" count between 1st and second push. In other words depress remote 2X slower..