2014 Raptor rear springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alar

Reaction score
So the issue is that it is squeaking and squealing like crazy. Only when it is raining its quiet. Any tips?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the issue is that it is squeaking and squealing like crazy. Only when it is raining its quiet. Any tips?

Most likely dirt/debris between the leaf packs. Ford recommends cleaning the leaf springs with high pressure water (power washer) and inspecting the leaf tip inserts for damage (plastic pads). If the tip inserts are damaged, they can be cut off and replaced with new ones. Applying lubricant to the springs I’d not recommended because it can cause more dust/dirt to stick to the springs.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ask any member on here that uses fluidfilm or equivalent product on there undercarriage and springs to protect them from rust, no extra dirt or debris builds up on the springs. Any excess would come off in the weather.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ask any member on here that uses fluidfilm or equivalent product on there undercarriage and springs to protect them from rust, no extra dirt or debris builds up on the springs. Any excess would come off in the weather.

I was referring to petroleum lubrications like WD-40. Good to know that road debris doesn’t stick to fluid film.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use a dry lithium grease for my heim joints (aftermarket tie rods), nothing sticks to that, but they are up front.

I have been using Amsoil MPHD underneath the truck and it does a good job, but the dust is attracted to it like you wouldn’t believe.

My try the lithium grease on other parts that I would prefer not have dust stick to.