2014 Raptor rear springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been using Amsoil MPHD underneath the truck and it does a good job, but the dust is attracted to it like you wouldn’t believe.

My try the lithium grease on other parts that I would prefer not have dust stick to.
Yes, a lot of people use that as well (amsoil MPHD), you must drive on a lot of gravel roads? I notice when I use fluidfilm, that any dirt would pressure wash off easily, have you tried doing that? I'm not recommending switching those two products though. I got my dry lithium grease from napa auto parts, it sort of like electrical contact cleaner, goes on wet, but dries very quickly. Would be more expensive to use that though for springs and stuff as it is a larger surface area and I'm not sure how it holds up with protecting against rust like the products we are using already. Let us know.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, a lot of people use that as well (amsoil MPHD), you must drive on a lot of gravel roads? I notice when I use fluidfilm, that any dirt would pressure wash off easily, have you tried doing that? I'm not recommending switching those two products though. I got my dry lithium grease from napa auto parts, it sort of like electrical contact cleaner, goes on wet, but dries very quickly. Would be more expensive to use that though for springs and stuff as it is a larger surface area and I'm not sure how it holds up with protecting against rust like the products we are using already. Let us know.

Hardly any gravel roads really. Mostly some red clay from Georgia and some silts and clays from North Carolina on a few off road trips.

I have not got under neath the truck with anything more than a hose or sprinkler and it doesn’t remove easilly. A brush will remove the dirt if I felt like it(which is good to know if I need to clean a spot of it).

I was thinking the dry lithium would be good for leaf springs, any heims, and things easily visible from the outside.
I will consider fluid film for large areas like the leafs now.

Either way I will update as I go.

Brian Haines

Reaction score
My solution was to put the truck on a lift so that all of the suspension would "open up" and then spray white lithium grease on all of the pads between the leaf springs (and every other point of articulation that I could find!). So far, the squeaking has abated for the past couple of months.