2014 F-150 Redesign

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Haha. Prolly a normal f150 that they put covers on and do some random mods to throw everyone off.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a buddy with a 12 Ford oil burner that has been modified (runs harder than my Raptor his is lifted and has 35's) and can get 22mpg on the hwy if he keeps it at 70... Will most likey go back to an oil burner (Dodge Power Wagon IF they would make it with the Cummins) next model year.. The Raptor is a fun vehicle and I will miss it..

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"The 2015 Ford F-150 will take some cues from the Atlas concept shown at the Detroit auto show. Expect the next-generation truck to drop close to 700 pounds by virtue of using advanced metals. While the current F-150 has an aluminum hood, using more high-strength steels, aluminum, and maybe even magnesium, will help the 2015 F-150 hit its diet goals. Reducing weights means better fuel economy, and potentially smaller engines underhood. The new truck will also be significantly more aerodynamic than today’s model; the Atlas concept previewed several active aero aids that could cut highway fuel consumption.

Our source also posits that the tiny split exhaust tips seen on this prototype may signal a new, smaller engine for the Ford F-150 (current trucks have larger exhausts). The truck’s current engine choices comprise a 3.7-liter V-6, 3.5-liter twin-turbo V-6, 5.0-liter V-8, and a 6.2-liter V-8.While the 3.2-liter five-cylinder turbodiesel on offer in the 2014 Ford Transit van is a possibility, Ford development vice president Raj Nair told us in Detroit that a diesel F-150 is unlikely. Instead, he suggested the next-generation F-150′s EcoBoost V-6 could shrink in displacement, perhaps to 3.0 liters.

We’ll learn more about the 2015 Ford F-150 over the coming years as our spy shooters catch more prototypes roaming the roads for development purposes."

2013-Ford-F150-Limited-Front-Angle-623x389.jpg

Above speculation from:
Spied: 2015 Ford F-150 Prototype On Public Roads - Rumor Central

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find this interesting as the chrome mess on the front of a Toyota is hideous.

The only chrome on my **** rock warrior were the emblems on the grill and tailgate, and I plastidipped the one on the grill. I agree though the chrome on the other models is godawful.

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ so ur one of those guys to yea I had a double cab rock warrior. I did like the truck, but its not a raptor.

Im still a member at one of gundra forums, they got a tread going basdhing the raptor its harrlious. It either jealously or ignorance.

If u can respect something. That has factually true then u need to ****. Im almost said something but decided not to.

In my mind the only thing on the Raptor that is f150 is the badge. Its a Raptor not an f150.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford going to 5 lug on the truck could that mean going back to 4 lugs on the Mustang Lol!

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ so ur one of those guys to yea I had a double cab rock warrior. I did like the truck, but its not a raptor.

Im still a member at one of gundra forums, they got a tread going basdhing the raptor its harrlious. It either jealously or ignorance.

If u can respect something. That has factually true then u need to ****. Im almost said something but decided not to.

In my mind the only thing on the Raptor that is f150 is the badge. Its a Raptor not an f150.

Yeah I had a crew cab. It was a really nice truck but no, it wasn't on the same level as the raptor. At the same time, my driving is 95% highway, so ill never really use my raptor to its full potential. If they wreck the looks of the f150 I would probably be open to a different truck, that's all. I do like the Atlas concept though so hopefully that's a good sign. But this is all premature anyway. I'll have the raptor for a good 5 years.

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Notice the shocks on rear have moved inward toward pumpkin.
Not outboard as on the last few generations.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did somebody really say their inside source is a sales guy at a dealership? Those guys know squat about Ford's future plans. They barely know correct information about the cars in their showroom. I once had a sales guy tell me they had automatic GT500s in stock. I told him to show me....we walked out there and said they must have sold it. I replied that I would pay him 20k over sticker for an automatic GT500. He ran into the dealership to the manager's desk, and I stood there watching the poor guy get slammed by the manager. He called himself the Shelby guy of the dealership....

And as I walked away, he just had to throw out if I wanted an automatic, he could get me a Boss in automatic....

Yeah, that happened...

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF Ford does go ahead with the Atlas to be the new F-150, I think it looks a bit too much like the Honda Ridgeline for my taste...

Attachments

• Honda-Ridgeline.jpg
    Honda-Ridgeline.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Ford-Atlas-Concept-rear-three-quarters.jpg
    Ford-Atlas-Concept-rear-three-quarters.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 68