2013Transmission Recall With tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan_kelly

Reaction score
Hi kinda new to posting here so has anyone got the tranny recall on their raptor with a tune that deletes codes (Removed my cats) will this be a problem if I have the dealership service the truck? Should I bite the bullet and see what happens or should I install my catalytic converters back and have them service it?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your running a Tune it will just overwrite the previous Tune.
So doing the recall is kind of meaningless.
Plus your Tune has the rear O2 sensor off so it won't throw the CEL
If you have an ESP warranty you're going to open a can of worms.

If your not having problems with the tranny I'd leave it alone.
Are you experiencing down shifts to 1st or 2nd gear at highway speeds?
That's what the recall is for, plus guys have done the recall and still it was the Lead Frame going bad anyway.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi kinda new to posting here so has anyone got the tranny recall on their raptor with a tune that deletes codes (Removed my cats) will this be a problem if I have the dealership service the truck? Should I bite the bullet and see what happens or should I install my catalytic converters back and have them service it?

What is the recall # you received?

OP
OP
R

Ryan_kelly

Reaction score
If your running a Tune it will just overwrite the previous Tune.
So doing the recall is kind of meaningless.
Plus your Tune has the rear O2 sensor off so it won't throw the CEL
If you have an ESP warranty you're going to open a can of worms.

If your not having problems with the tranny I'd leave it alone.
Are you experiencing down shifts to 1st or 2nd gear at highway speeds?
That's what the recall is for, plus guys have done the recall and still it was the Lead Frame going bad anyway.

I havent really noticed it that much its usually 3rd gear that it happens I dont even think i can count more than 4 times it has happened to m.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
19V075000

So that is the campaign number, which corresponds to Field Service Action (FSA) 19S07.

In this case, the recall is only a software update that Ford issued via the FSA. I'd suggest contacting your tuner and ask if there is a way they can send you an updated calibration file to correct the issue, that way there is no need to go to the dealership. Or, if you prefer, you could have the dealer perform the update to close the FSA out in Ford's system and then have your tuner overwrite it with their updated calibration.