2013 with 850 miles in the shop already!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Picked up my truck two weeks ago and absolutely love it. Had the box Line-x'd, 3M the whole front, installed a Bak-Flip, have the Dually D2's to mount and have the Weathertech mats on their way.....getting really excited about owning a Raptor! Two days ago, driving in 2 wheel drive, accelerating and BANG! Bang bang... feels like the tranny or rear end is letting go. I thought, this can't be good! Maybe because its new??? Then in 4Hi and same thing but much worse. Bang Bang Bang and the truck bucks and jerks. the wrench shows up on the display and the truck goes into limp mode!! wtf! I pull over and turn the engine off and then restart....everything seems fine. Until I accelerate and hit about 3000rpm then Bang Bang Bang. Off to the Dealership.
They diagnose it as a faulty shift Solenoid in the transmission???? Hopefully later today I'll get the complete diagnosis.

Has this issue happened with anybody eles? I only have 1400km(850 miles) on the truck.....:whymewhyme:

Brian

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Sounds severe but hopefully it's just the solenoid. No big deal right...Keep us posted

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it did what you describe make sure they change the fluid and look at the rest of the tranny internals for other damage or wear. Know a lot of this depends on the Tech who is doing the work but be a pain to make sure they go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Just my .02

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it did what you describe make sure they change the fluid and look at the rest of the tranny internals for other damage or wear. Know a lot of this depends on the Tech who is doing the work but be a pain to make sure they go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Just my .02

Completely agree, who knows what damage went on in there.

Unfortunately you will probably have to take their word that nothing is wrong. I'd push for a new tranny.

Joe

OP
OP
RaptorBri

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford called me back this afternoon and said they think there is a wire harness issue!! They will be calling Ford technical to see if they have any ideas?? Said the transmission is now stuck in 3rd gear and they can't get it out.

They will call me tomorrow with more info. They will most likely have it over the weekend for sure.

Man this sucks! This is my first Ford vehicle ever and I have been impressed with Ford over the past few years with their progress.....sure hope I didn't get a lemon! Hopefully they'll figure it out soon and get me back on the road! I want to use this truck!!

Brian

jolsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine at 16,000 mi. I pulled away from a stop light, the truck was slow to get started so I gave it more gas then Bang, it shifted to 3rd gear then to 5th gear. I pulled over and shut it off then started it ,no engine light. I put it in drive and as soon as it started rolling it shifted to 5th and stayed there. Dealership said it was an elecrtical connection in the tranny,they replaced the part and everything is fine.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Ford called me back this afternoon and said they think there is a wire harness issue!!
Brian

As far as it being a lemon. NAW! Its a big heap of wires, metal, and rubber. How many thousands of parts make up a raptor? It sucks but one part ain't right. Give them a chance to fix it. Try and push for some help like a comp warranty which prolly won't happen. Be firm but fair with the dealer. Do NOT let them jerk you around. Its been my experiance that most mechanics know enough to fix your ride, its the service writer and managment that screws up a visit by maybe NOT allowing the more expensive repair and opt for the lessor repair first. Good luck and keep us posted.

BDRAG