2013 Unscheduled Clean Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colt45

Reaction score
Has anyone ever asked SVT or anyone else who might know, why they have this apparently dysfunctional procedure for building these trucks?

I can understand not wanting 20 Raptors sitting on every Ford dealers lot., However, on a sold customer unit, I can't understand the, in my case, 97 day delay.

Can anyone honestly explain this?

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever asked SVT or anyone else who might know, why they have this apparently dysfunctional procedure for building these trucks?

I can understand not wanting 20 Raptors sitting on every Ford dealers lot., However, on a sold customer unit, I can't understand the, in my case, 97 day delay.

It's a limited production vehicle. Dealers get x amount based on sales, etc. Your wait is dictated by the dealer you choose and their performance with Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

They have a terrible SCM system for vehicle orders. Consider yourself lucky with a 97 day wait. My order-to-delivery will be 163 days if it's actually on time.

Colt45

Reaction score
It's a limited production vehicle. Dealers get x amount based on sales, etc. Your wait is dictated by the dealer you choose and their performance with Ford.

So a customer who lives in a rural area and has a relatively small Ford dealership is treated differently than a customer who lives in a mega-population area with a mega-dealer?

Just trying to understand why Ford would punish a customer like that. The dealer isn't getting the truck. They are only the conduit to deliver the truck from Ford to the customer.

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is so ass backwards. If a customer ordered the vehicle for themselves and it is basically sold before it even gets to the dealer, I don't see the big deal in building the orders as they come in, expecially for those of us who order a raptor.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a customer who lives in a rural area and has a relatively small Ford dealership is treated differently than a customer who lives in a mega-population area with a mega-dealer?

Just trying to understand why Ford would punish a customer like that. The dealer isn't getting the truck. They are only the conduit to deliver the truck from Ford to the customer.

This isn't punishing the customer. It's business. Ford wants to reward sales growth. As long as dealers are the only medium for buying a car, this is the system. Work with a larger dealer and have the vehicle shipped or take a road trip. Which is a good reason to get away.

Tesla is trying to introduce direct sales to customers but that will take a while to mold.

Colt45

Reaction score
This isn't punishing the customer. It's business. Ford wants to reward sales growth. As long as dealers are the only medium for buying a car, this is the system. Work with a larger dealer and have the vehicle shipped or take a road trip. Which is a good reason to get away.

Tesla is trying to introduce direct sales to customers but that will take a while to mold.

I understand what you are saying, and I do have a choice. I can support my local dealer, who provides jobs for local citizens, who has taken care of my cars for 15 years and knows me by name, or I can abandon them and go to a dealer in another state.

My beef is not with my dealer. It is with Ford and a business model than doesn't make sense.

If I never get this truck, I will remain loyal to my friends.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, and I do have a choice. I can support my local dealer, who provides jobs for local citizens, who has taken care of my cars for 15 years and knows me by name, or I can abandon them and go to a dealer in another state.

My beef is not with my dealer. It is with Ford and a business model than doesn't make sense.

If I never get this truck, I will remain loyal to my friends.

No problem with supporting local business. I do as much as possible here. However, when it comes to limited production vehicles, I seek availability and then the best deal. I had to go to an out of state dealer on my last Raptor. My new raptor finally had the local dealer play ball.

System sucks, but Im not sure how you make it better for low volume dealers.