2013 Tuxedo Black on Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

grngobln

Reaction score
So I went to the track today and had an absolute blast! There were several hundred Raptors at Firebird and it was an amazing site to see. I ended up getting in almost 20 laps before they shut us down. They were very cool though. I even got a little rowdy out there from my longing of my old motorcross days, and they let me play. By the end, I figured out the sweet spots on the jumps, was landing perfectly (all 4 tires at the same time to reduce bottoming out bump stops). All of my passengers are prolly still giggling hours later, so much fun. I am very impressed at how well it did with stock tires, suspension, and gearing. Gonna get my girl to wash it in a bikini and will possibly envy no other man on earth. This is undoubtedly one of the best purchases I have ever made. Of all the owner Raptors on the track, I was the only 2013 and got a lot of questions about what's new for this year. There were also a few guys out there with $120-150K trucks and they were awesome, but I gotta tell you, I was hanging pretty good,

Attachments

• DSC04343 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC04343 - Version 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC04344.jpg
    DSC04344.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC04266.jpg
    DSC04266.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC04153.jpg
    DSC04153.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC04186.jpg
    DSC04186.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 59

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hold onto a girl that will wash your truck for you much less wearing her bikini...

Sounds like you had a blast and are still on cloud nine...thanks for the post and pikes...

Cheers,

Fred

OP
OP
G

grngobln

Reaction score
For sure Fred. Been married 16 years and she is still smokin' hot and treats me like a king on a daily basis. The flip side is that I am extremely co-dependant and wouldn't last a day without her having my back. I grew up poor as dirt, made a little bit of money, thought I was all good, then went broke and lost everything and now digging my way back out of the hole. She loves the Raptor and she wanted to go out last night in the desert and push this thing a little bit and boy did we ever. 65 mph drifting through cactus's, ass off the seats, with some Fozzy playing at 10,,,, life just simply does not get any better....

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure Fred. Been married 16 years and she is still smokin' hot and treats me like a king on a daily basis. The flip side is that I am extremely co-dependant and wouldn't last a day without her having my back. I grew up poor as dirt, made a little bit of money, thought I was all good, then went broke and lost everything and now digging my way back out of the hole. She loves the Raptor and she wanted to go out last night in the desert and push this thing a little bit and boy did we ever. 65 mph drifting through cactus's, ass off the seats, with some Fozzy playing at 10,,,, life just simply does not get any better....

Great post man. Livin the life. Life is what you make of it, so keep it good.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The track looks like a lot of fun. Where was is, and what was it called? Sounds like you had it flying through the air really well. Were you aired down?

If you keep this pace, you probably want to look into a frame kit, like RPG stage 2.

After all those jumps, check your truck over for anything loose. Bed bolts, and spare tire are probably loose.

Got any video?

Lastly, check out both the Texas Raptor Run (TRR) or the Snoball500 in the upcoming expeditions. You would have a blast at either or both.

Yukon Joe

OP
OP
G

grngobln

Reaction score
Well I have some bad news fellas, I lost the Raptor. I am a General Contractor and own my own company and they tried really hard but ford motor credit would do the loan without an additional 10K down payment on top of the 8800 I put down. Really blows and I am pretty distraught over it, but nothing I can do at the moment. So the new plan is get another one after Christmas when some of my accounts settle up and put 20K down on another 2013. The cool thing is that I beat the snot out of it for 6 days, drove it in the desert like a maniac, went to the track, and put 1800 miles on it before handing it back, so I guess I still win (sort of). Thanks for being cool on this site and I will update ya'll when I get the new one in a few month's.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how is it, that you take the truck and for 6 days "own" it but then have to give it back? i thought the finance dept where you bought the truck would have told you that you needed a bigger down payment to begin with. it seems a bit unfair that they take it back..... a contract is a contract... for both sides i thought. what gives them the right to rescind the contract?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I have some bad news fellas, I lost the Raptor. I am a General Contractor and own my own company and they tried really hard but ford motor credit would do the loan without an additional 10K down payment on top of the 8800 I put down. Really blows and I am pretty distraught over it, but nothing I can do at the moment. So the new plan is get another one after Christmas when some of my accounts settle up and put 20K down on another 2013. The cool thing is that I beat the snot out of it for 6 days, drove it in the desert like a maniac, went to the track, and put 1800 miles on it before handing it back, so I guess I still win (sort of). Thanks for being cool on this site and I will update ya'll when I get the new one in a few month's.

Huh....that is a new on on me....sorry about that...