2013 Shelby GT500 price announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drink the koolaid of the GT500 as much as anyone I know, but I have heard that it was a cool day on the track, and indeed the speed was reached with a little over a 30 mph tailwind. All you need is a 8 mile circle to do it...LOL
The fact that there were mitigating circumstances is not really the point here though. The point is that a stock GT500, under the right conditions, is capable of 200+. Think about that for a minute. The Mustang is a muscle car, a brute. To take something with little to no thought in high speed drag resistance, and reverse engineer a stable and fun car to drive at even 170, is pretty amazing. I have been scared shitless doing 150 in a Corvette, because the damn thing felt like it was a pebble away from going airborne. I was wanting to see if my 2008 GT500 would go faster at 170, still firmly planted to the ground. It is an amazing achievement to see a turnkey mustang break the 200s in any condition, or beat a M3 around Laguna Seca, or see a sub 11 second 1/4 mile. (GT500, BOSS LS, Cobra Jet)

....a fox body wouldnt do 140 it if you dropped it from the space station.