2013 Raptor "hops" at low speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when performing a 3 point turn or any other low speed maneuver, my truck seems to "hop" or "skip" until im going over 10 MPH.

i keep it in 2wd and have no mods to it(just window tint).

any experience with this?

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like it's either set in 4x4 mode, rear axel locked, or the front limited slip is stuck. Make sure it's in 2x4 mode with the selector switch pushed in.

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sounds like it's either set in 4x4 mode, rear axel locked, or the front limited slip is stuck. Make sure it's in 2x4 mode with the selector switch pushed in.

Done and done. That was the first thing I checked. And at normal driving speed, is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

How dark is the window tint?

It's so dark it seeped in to my navigation screen. I couldn't really see the touch screen cuz my tint was so dark. I thought I put in the correct address but ended up at YO MOMMAS HOUSE!!!!

J/k.

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it in ASAP.... You have parts wearing and doing things that they should not on dry pavement...

I just got out of my vehicle, trying to get my truck to do it again. I did 3 separate 3 point turns and pulled into 3 different parking spots at slow speed. Nothing happened!!!!

WTF?!?!?

I'm off tomorrow so I will be putting it through its paces to determine if it wasn't just me not being too consistent with my brake pedal.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Mine does it. I think its just lots of power going to the rear diff. Who knows. Just something our raptors do I guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2