2013 MFT system with DVD for the kids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to add a DVD system to my 2013 Raptor with the MFT. I know the 2012 Sony systems had them built in, but MFT ditched them. I would like the system to integrate into both the front screen and to a pair of rear mounted screens in the headrests for the kids. I would like the DVD player to be located in reach for the front passenger since my kids are too small to change DVD's and I don't want to climb around to change DVD's out, so I was thinking about mounting the player in the center console, just not sure how well that would function with ease of accessibility, heat, or remote control use (unless I can get a UHF remote setup).

What type of system have people had luck with integrating into both the front and rear? I know there are a lot of rear only systems that I could possibly tie into the front, but again, I need to be able to change DVD's or use the remote from the front, so climbing around would not be ideal. Anyways, figured I'd post up in case people had any ingenious ideas. If anyone is familiar with the newer Infiniti vehicle DVD systems, that is what I am trying to emulate...it is so user friendly.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Give The Car Stereo company a call. They can be found to the right at the bottom "CSC" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Secret Squirrel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 MFT DVD Rear Seat Entertainment Solution

I used Vizualogic A-1260 Dual DVD Headrests with built in DVD players (789-7 Series Kit) for my rear seat entertainment. I used the driver side A/V output to feed the front A/V input on the MFT system. I can sometimes use the remote control at certain angles from the front, but I still have set up the players and DVDs for each kid before traveling. It can be a hassle, but well worth it on long trips.

Attachments

• IMG-20130421-00245.jpg
    IMG-20130421-00245.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in order to get video on the screen up front while in motion, you will need the nav-tv piece. this allows for operation of the cameras at anytime, allows vim (video in motion) and for us 13 owners, it allows the use of the a/v inputs in the center console. once you have the video bypass then its only a matter of what type of screens you want. i have 10" touch screens with dvd players built in. remember, dont go too cheap of a screen. the viewing angle gets very bad on the lesser quality units. visualogic and audiovox make some good screens for a fair price. as for the dvd player, some are capable of being able to add an external remote eye. this can be mounted in the front of the vehicle easily accessible for the front passengers to use the remote control to control the dvd player wherever it may be located.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter