2012 Raptor w/100k miles Questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2014 with 203000 miles. At 150,000 it dropped an exhaust valve on the cylinder right in front of the driver. No engine damage but it did cost $1000. The only other thing is I rebuild my shocks at 130,000, then at 200,000 replaced them. Very reliable truck.

Just for clarification, it sounds more like it broke a valve spring; if a valve had dropped it would have damaged the head and piston.

MasterKeebs

Reaction score
I bought my 11’ with 115K on the clock. It had full service record and didn’t appear to have been beaten on too hard. Had full service record. Knock on wood, the only thing I’ve had to replace (besides all the normal maintenance) was drivers side CV and IWE. Has 166K on it now and seems to be going strong. Best of luck to ya.

BMONTES

Reaction score
Do it, I purchased a 2013 with 90k miles on it. Look at who you are buying the car from, use carfax for the service history. Of course, some maintenance like shocks and spark plugs will be due. Good luck

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 has 118k miles. It’s been meticulously maintained (which is important when buying a used vehicle and should heavily influence your choice) and has not needed a thing besides a blower motor and $20 IWE check valve. No leaks, no funny noises, nothing. I’ve done oil changes every 5k, flushed every fluid on it, all new plugs, coils, you name it, and it’s running flawlessly.