2012 Raptor w/100k miles Questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian22

Reaction score
Looking at a used one anything particular to watch out for? I read about fuse 27 and there is a place near me who will rebuild the shocks if needed. The big thing is that I would have to sell my 2017 Tacoma which has 40k miles on it and part of me wonders if I’m an idiot. These trucks are reliable, right?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Yes the Gen 1s are highly reliable, like any vehicle they need to be maintained. Always get a vehicle inspection if you are not mechanically inclined.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There’s always a calculated risk when buying any used vehicle of any brand, especially one with 100k miles. The biggest factors are vehicle condition and maintenance records. If the truck was well taken care of all maintenance is properly documented, you should have little to worry about.

Ford F-Series hasn’t been the best selling vehicle in the US for 38 straight years because it’s “unreliable”, despite what some brainwashed foreign brand loyalists will tell you.

Interestingly enough, although the truck you’re looking at is 5 years older than your Taco, you’d be upgrading to rear disc brakes, power height adjustable seats, and a modern infotainment system! You’d finally be living in the 21st century!

Last edited:

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I own a 2012 with just over 100k miles. I have not had any significant issues. I've had plenty of smaller things like you might expect on a truck with 100k miles. Examples: minor leaky hoses, some squeaks in doors and panels, replaced tie rods. I've never broken down. Mine's also supercharged and gets beaten on. Overall it's pretty solid. I've fought with the IWE/vacuum system on pretty much a yearly basis - but that started very early on, and seems to be a way of life with the poorly designed system.

OP
OP
B

Brian22

Reaction score
There’s always a calculated risk when buying any used vehicle of any brand, especially one with 100k miles. The biggest factors are vehicle condition and maintenance records. If the truck was well taken care of all maintenance is properly documented, you should have little to worry about.

Ford F-Series hasn’t been the best selling vehicle in the US for 38 straight years because it’s “unreliable”, despite what some brainwashed foreign brand loyalists will tell you.

Interestingly enough, although the truck you’re looking at is 5 years older than your Taco, you’d be upgrading to rear disc brakes, power height adjustable seats, and a modern infotainment system! You’d finally be living in the 21st century!

LOL yeah 1980s seats and brakes. I think I’ll wait until I can find a lower mileage raptor.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are the prices in Norcal?

I know down here they shot up when used trucks were in demand. Like back to 2016-17 pricing.