2012 raptor - a big disappointment. Not for desert trail.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Reaction score
So basically, you're blaming a badass truck for living in a place with stupid laws.... Yep sounds like its definitely the trucks fault!

Get real. The raptor is the best stock from factory vehicle there is for offloading. Don't blame it for your areas stupid laws.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree with everyone!
You sound like someone that is looking for an excuse to badmouth this truck!
The mod that you need is a different vehicle; leave the Raptor for someone that appreciates it!

Sorry, somehow this did not post at the time I intended; must be the slow shipyard connection?

I totally agree. For all purposes my Raptor is 100% stock except on mid perch. I also own a 2011 Jeep JK and there is no real comparison to the 2 vehicles.

At the dunes there litterly is no better truck to be in than a Raptor. Be it stock or modified.

Ya the skid plate sucks but it is what it is. My skid plate looks exactly like yours. Why? All 4 tires where off the ground and landed nose first at the dunes. I can tell you I was going faster than 50khm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Al Bastaki

Reaction score
hmmm.... well im waiting for rpg to quote me, im stopping at the dealer tomorrow to see if they are able to set it to top perch... do i need to modify anything to make it work for the top perch? and how would it look like if i towed a polaris with the raptor, will the front be too high?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
What the hell is with these UAE Raptors "falling apart" or burning to the ground?? This is the third one in 3 weeks. Maybe you guys need to learn how to drive. You can't take any truck out pedal to the floor beating the ever living shit out of it and come to cry on a Raptor forum claiming you were just driving grandma to the grocery store and your Raptor fell apart. There is more to this story.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
What the hell is with these UAE Raptors "falling apart" or burning to the ground?? This is the third one in 3 weeks. Maybe you guys need to learn how to drive. You can't take any truck out pedal to the floor beating the ever living shit out of it and come to cry on a Raptor forum claiming you were just driving grandma to the grocery store and your Raptor fell apart. There is more to this story.

Exactly....my guess is he didn't want to say that he over-drove it and it's his fault so he dumbed down either the speeds he ran at or the terrain he went over or both.

Only in the UAE do Raptors fall apart without over-driving them it seems.:whymewhyme:

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to play the devils advocate here, (although I completely agree with you guys) in saying that I think It's the fact that they pay almost twice as much for Raptors over there that we see so many complaints. Al bastaki isn't seeing anything else that we have all seen but paid almost twice as much for it, I think I would be mad too.

You need to invest in a couple upgrades, and this will easily be the finest truck you have ever owned.

OP
OP
A

Al Bastaki

Reaction score
im mad... cause i paid an arm and a leg for a truck that should not have had a weak skid plate. a weak chassis. and a steering that shouldnt have broken on a newbie drive. You guys can call it whatever you call it. facts are facts. it was a newbie drive where 12 different cars were there... none of the cars majorly overheated, or had bumped skids.. it was a simple route. straight forward... the cars nose dives at the silliest of obstacles.

the bloody thing would droop at every side crest. it should have been set and adjusted to the middle perch setting with everything including sway bars adjusted for the middle setting. why they chose to stick to the lowest setting.. is beyond me. the thing almost hits the ground at any speed bump. too soft.

for 70k,, i expected something that could do a newbie route.
the way we grade routes range from; rookie, junior, intermediate, senior and extreme.

i was on a junior route.. i;d love to compare with the tundra that was with us, but that other piece of crap was even worse.. it would oversteer.. skid on everything... cant hold itself straight... but nothing broke or got any chassis damage. but in all fairness he did have an arb bullbar... so he couldnt have had any damage to his front, but even his arb bullbar came with a skid plate... that wasnt damaged.

the rest of the guys... no probs.. aside from one jeep xj that overheated.. he just opened his bonnet.. and waited for a while for the engine to cool down.

on junior routes, its pretty much riding a hill, and down, some side sloping... and every once in a while.. there would be a small to medium size crest (3 m - 5m high) to get off of. i did one thing id do on an intermediate trip.. is side crest... where id get to the top of a crest,, ride it out and off to the other side. cresting has been where most of the problems were...

our custom built rigs have fox shocks on them... they are super smooth, cant feel a single bump... i cant say the same about how the raptor's shocks have been assembled from the factory.

Rapt

Reaction score
Dont do the top perch adjustment, go middle, top is too snappy and changes the nature of the suspension set up.. I was on middle before RPG and loved it.

By the way guys, we have over heating problems coz of the heat here, it was 49 degrees (120f) yesterday, and when your in soft sand with a 3 ton truck its normal for it to over heat without after market radiators.. Its all about the upgrades ;)

I drive my Raptor like a RZR and love it! it breaks,, but no complains :party36:

Banned
Reaction score
im mad... cause i paid an arm and a leg for a truck that should not have had a weak skid plate. a weak chassis. and a steering that shouldnt have broken on a newbie drive. You guys can call it whatever you call it. facts are facts. it was a newbie drive where 12 different cars were there... none of the cars majorly overheated, or had bumped skids.. it was a simple route. straight forward... the cars nose dives at the silliest of obstacles.

the bloody thing would droop at every side crest. it should have been set and adjusted to the middle perch setting with everything including sway bars adjusted for the middle setting. why they chose to stick to the lowest setting.. is beyond me. the thing almost hits the ground at any speed bump. too soft.

for 70k,, i expected something that could do a newbie route.
the way we grade routes range from; rookie, junior, intermediate, senior and extreme.

i was on a junior route.. i;d love to compare with the tundra that was with us, but that other piece of crap was even worse.. it would oversteer.. skid on everything... cant hold itself straight... but nothing broke or got any chassis damage. but in all fairness he did have an arb bullbar... so he couldnt have had any damage to his front, but even his arb bullbar came with a skid plate... that wasnt damaged.

the rest of the guys... no probs.. aside from one jeep xj that overheated.. he just opened his bonnet.. and waited for a while for the engine to cool down.

on junior routes, its pretty much riding a hill, and down, some side sloping... and every once in a while.. there would be a small to medium size crest (3 m - 5m high) to get off of. i did one thing id do on an intermediate trip.. is side crest... where id get to the top of a crest,, ride it out and off to the other side. cresting has been where most of the problems were...

our custom built rigs have fox shocks on them... they are super smooth, cant feel a single bump... i cant say the same about how the raptor's shocks have been assembled from the factory.

it nose dives because its soft suspension, and it's low in the front due to DOT regulations. That's the stuff you have to deal with when you buy a factory vehicle that has to follow DOT regulations.

The truck was designed and tested on mid perch. Regulations made it have to be on bottom perch. Dot like it? Friggin adjust it and stop bitching. Your custom rigs are smooth and ride nice? Sweet, I'd hope so since you know, IT'S CUSTOM. The raptor IS FACTORY. Overheating? Yeah no shit it's insanely hot over there compared to here. What would be adequate cooling there would be overkill here. Why would Ford spend more money to make it overkill when they don't have to for the majority of its raptor customers. Again, don't like it? Change it.

Chassis damage? Your driving it to hard. Look how many people here don't overdrive their raptors, an have no problems. It's a factory truck. It has limits. Respect those limits, and it will be fine. If not, well you paid an arm and a leg so you could have warranty. Use it.

If you still want to complain about shit, sell the damn thing and research your next vehicle purchase to see if it will stand up to what you need.

/rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.