2012 raptor - a big disappointment. Not for desert trail.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been there, I've seen how they drive, we used to have go out on the highway everyday and it was no joke when they say you might die today.

Reckless driving on UAE roads - YouTube

Mayhem on motorway (DUBAI) - YouTube

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

I liek how you posted how much you're loving it in your welcome thread and in here you're dogging it as the biggest piece of crap ever...

lovin my ride... just took it offroading today.. my skid plates got a nice curved bump into it... gotta head to my dealer tomorrow to get the front perch adjusted and aligned.

Why don't you just keep your money and spend it on your precious little Nissan.

Rapt

Reaction score
We do get a lot of idiots behind the wheel here and yes it does get frustrating at times, but its not always like this... That first video is over 3 years old and a lot has changed since then..

And for the second video it happened once and both those cars' drivers (they re brothers btw) were thrown in jail for a long time for reckless endangerment and several other offenses..

Regardless, i dont see how what you just posted is relevant to the off road problems we are facing here due to our terrain (extremely soft sand), and extreme heat..

Other people driving dangerously on the highway didnt cause our raptors to over heat in the desert or so on and so on..

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We do get a lot of idiots behind the wheel here and yes it does get frustrating at times, but its not always like this... That first video is over 3 years old and a lot has changed since then..

And for the second video it happened once and both those cars' drivers (they re brothers btw) were thrown in jail for a long time for reckless endangerment and several other offenses..

Regardless, i dont see how what you just posted is relevant to the off road problems we are facing here due to our terrain (extremely soft sand), and extreme heat..

Other people driving dangerously on the highway didnt cause our raptors to over heat in the desert or so on and so on..

All I'm saying is that the majority of people of there drive like retards. Whether it be on of off road. If your culture promotes driving like this onroad, then why wouldn't try and bash the shit out of truck that was made for the desert.

It's ******* ridiculously hot there. It's not ridiculously ******* hot in America. Buy yourself a bigger and better radiator and stop bitching.

Banned
Reaction score
its just showing that some of you folks drive stupidly. therefore OP could be one of them.

which if hes bending his frame and damaging shit, in super soft sand as you say you have, he obviously is one of them.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And because of all these idiots the government has taken action by restricting modifications to vehicles. Do not be mad at Ford or other manufacturers because the idiots that caused it..

-Greg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have witnessed a few that have turned themselves lose on your highways, try DC area, give them a MiniVan or a big ol Mercedes Benz and they could make your day a disaster...

They drive like old people ****...

Voodoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive thru Glamis all the time. I am on the lower perch and dont have anything bent or overheated the motor. ohhhh yea, it is summer time and the dunes are 120+ deg.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you UAE guys are driving a vehicle that wasnt intended by the Mfg. to be there & then you complain when things go badly.
Why do you think Ford doesnt want to export them?
This is the same as if I nosedived a Cessna and complained the wings tore off.
Yeah, you paid a ton of money for your Raptor, is that Fords fault? Not from where I sit. Go scream at your dealer.
Come to one of the many Raptor events here in the states and you will be able to see just what this vehicle can do without all this drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.