2012 Front camera in action

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I'd love to have a front camera for parking, BECAUSE I have such a large vehicle. I'd rather be a perfect 2" from an obstacle at the end of a parking spot every time than the 8" or so I tend to leave to be safe. Less truck hanging out is a good thing.

That said, it's a hell of a lot easier generally to just back in (rear-steer is better for marking and rear cam seals the deal).

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit i want to know if i can get the damn front camera to work, that way the wife has less of a chance of running something over or into something.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Seriously? For parking? If you need to see out the front of the truck via a camera rather than the windshield, you shouldn't be driving such a large vehicle.

well doesn't it only work in 4L? turning on dry pavement in 4L is bad idea anyway lol

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the video on youtube I'd like to see how well it works ..

As far as parking goes, my gf is going to be driving it too so the camera will be nice. I'm sure there will be a locpic at some point.

CactoesGel

Reaction score
I will use the front camera when parking.
wait for it...
Seriously? For parking? If you need to see out the front of the truck via a camera rather than the windshield, you shouldn't be driving such a large vehicle.

Sheesh, talking about being a ****.

Okay, I will leave this thread now. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny. A friend got an infinity and it has cameras in the front, rear and under both side mirrors. When they are on you see 360 all around the car. Kinda cool but why??? Oh well to each his own. I do think the back up camera will be cool when hooking up a trailer alone, but I think for just backing up I prefer the old sensors my 04 has. The beep beep when you get close, so you are still focused on your mirrors.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I do not see the need for the front camera, the rear camera however on my 2011 let's me hook up to trailers and boats without anyone spotting me, that is very practical and extremely usefull

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
like birdman said i dont particularly think its smart to be turning the truck in 4 low....i think it can be usefuly for somone whos wife/girlfriend drives for just pulling close to fit the truck into a spot when its already straight in....its a unique thing for offroading thats what it is intended for, however you have a right to use your tools how you want just dont cry when you break something driving around on dry pavement in 4wheel low taking turns. that being said i am guilty of messing round with it when i first got it just to figure it out an see how it works its nice just only plan on using it to goo offroading...will be interesting to see if lockpik an whoever comes out with a way to use it without enabling offroad mode an 4wheel low

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swoop's response was akin to the similar and equally annoying response in the MPG thread of "If you have to ask, you can't afford a Raptor!!

So should it also be said that people shouldn't use ABS because anyone who has to have a computer help them hit the brakes should be driving X vehicle!!

I don't care how great a driver.. or parker you are, the simple fact is this is a big truck and if there's ever a time where having that front camera might help, letting your ego get in the way of utilizing all of the technology available to you is asinine.

It was clear in Swoop's other posts that he has been having a rough week so I'll assume his acerbic responses to several members was due in large part to those issues.

~BGM

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

...will be interesting to see if lockpik an whoever comes out with a way to use it without enabling offroad mode an 4wheel low

That's what I'm waiting for.. I'm not interested in having to put it into 4L or whatever to use it but if I could get lockpick to work and somehow turn it on easily, I could envision some moments where the view up front may be helpful.

Thank being said, I'll still play with it when it gets here just the same. Gotta see how everything works right?! :waytogo:

~BGM