20" V-Rock Wheels w/ 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sprung vs. unsprung weight.
Simply put, sprung weight is everything from the springs up, and unsprung weight is everything from the springs down. Wheels, shock absorbers, springs, knuckle joints and tyres contribute to the unsprung weight. The car, engine, fluids, you, your passenger, the kids, the bags of candy and the portable Playstation all contribute to the sprung weight. Reducing unsprung weight is the key to increasing performance of the car. If you can make the wheels, tyres and swingarms lighter, then the suspension will spend more time compensating for bumps in the road, and less time compensating for the mass of the wheels etc.
The greater the unsprung weight, the greater the inertia of the suspension, which will be unable to respond as quickly to rapid changes in the road surface.
As an added benefit, putting lighter wheels on the car can increase your engine's apparent power. Why? Well the engine has to turn the gearbox and driveshafts, and at the end of that, the wheels and tyres. Heavier wheels and tyres require more torque to get turning, which saps engine power. Lighter wheels and tyres allow more of the engine's torque to go into getting you going than spinning the wheels. That's why sports cars have carbon fibre driveshafts and ultra light alloy wheels.
http://www.carbibles.com/suspension_bible_pg4.html

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should rephrase...

I bet that in a severe off-road situation I could get further in my stock truck than you could in the modded one. I will spot you thick mud given the superior tire pattern... deep sand, shallow mud, rocks... anything off camber you know actual offroading, those wheels will hurt.

They look good though.

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Leadfoot,

nice truck, I have 20"ers love them wouldn't go smaller as the look is what I personally was gunning for. The others are correct though that our setups take away from offroad performance.

I personally think they take away onroad as well. My truck was at its best performance stock.

I always said I would swap out when I go off roading but never did.

I got myself Method 17" and Generals, never used them just got rid of them. got rid of my stock tires. happy with the Fuel / M/T combo's.

I'm proud to be a street queen! You should be too!...ha ha

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are kidding me right!
I drive the HELL out of my truck, not sit behind my computer talking about it and slamming people. I came here to share and enjoy, instead I am just going to laugh...
Looks like a REAL trailer queen here eh! Where is your truck?

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice truck Leadfoot.

So did you get a ticket for something or did that cop want to go for a ride :)

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is in my garage...;)

I hope you don't feel I am slamming you? If so my apologies. Street Queen was a joke, I'm glad you got a laugh.

The guy's here have helped me through a lot. They speak truth about the 17" vs 20" for performance.

I'm so down with 20's man! The look is exactly what gets the most complements.

Also stock tires are crap in the mud. Could you imagine using your BFG's in that mud?