20" V-Rock Wheels w/ 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PROMO- 20" V-Rock Wheels
w/ 35" x 13.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials

I am running these wheels for the time being as a Promotional Vehicle.
Stay Tuned! My Wheels will be going on soon...

Much Thanks once again to Allan & The Boys @ Pickering Tire'n'Mag.
CHEERS!:mrgreen:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
13.5" wide?! That's a W_I_D_E tire!

And a 20" wheel - good looking but heavy and not the best for offroading performance.

attachment.php

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! This thing ROCKS Off-Road Bro! Way better on the road where I do 90 percent of my driving if not more. The stock tires are downright dangerous with all that sidewall if you have to manuver quick or brake hard... I know! Had the back end try to pass me braking for some villiage idiot who cut me off on the highway.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure, it'll handle better ON the road due to less sidewall. But that sidewall is your friend offroad. And adding all that unsprung weight from bigger heavier wheels is not a good thing for any vehicle. They sure look good.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sidewall height should not make much of a difference on road if you are running the right pressure. Sure a couple inches more sidewall will allow a little more roll but nothing serious. The extra sidewall also smooth out transitions... so yeah if you are doing a panic maneuver it will be more crisp on the 20s. If you are running the right pressure braking is unaffected by sidewall height. In fact the extra weight will worsen braking distances.

The upside is that heavy tires are a huge hindrance off-road. If you disagree I am sure there are plenty of guys in stock Raptors who will walk away from that truck in just about all off-road conditions.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, can't get into the 20" Wheel look, and the functionality is seriously compromised off-road........but to each his/her own.

FSM

OP
OP
Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Leadfoot's Orange Crush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ!
I walked away from all the stock guys this weekend with this set up in all situations.
Seriously! Sand, water...
Except the popo!
POWER!

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only upside I can think of to putting oversize wheels on any vehice is you can fit bigger brakes. Other than that, lose the dubs its a Raptor for chissakes not a Lighting

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I beg to differ!
I walked away from all the stock guys this weekend with this set up in all situations.
Seriously! Sand, water...
Except the popo!
POWER!

I think you're missing the point about the weight of the wheels and their affect on performance of the suspension. And those tires are not offroad friendly either.

More power can overcome a lot of things but big wheels and shorter sidewalls are not best for offroad performance.