2 New 2022 F-150 XLTs at Sticker. BOTH SOLD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Papa Gecko

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually, XL is a base model, then STX package XL, then XLT which has multiple packages in it also. Congrats on getting a rebate in 2018 when they actually existed. You're doing great at showing you dont understand how car markets and manufacturer incentives work. You can also see MMR on any new vehicle is well above sticker currently.

I haven't really looked at what the lower trim F150s are going for, but kind of sucks that you can't even get below MSRP when the dealer is trying to move it to get it off the books. Really glad I shouldn't need to be in the market for a few years from now.
The only reason ADMs exist is because people are STILL paying them. If consumers stop playing this stupid game of grabbing their ankles and paying ADM, dealers would go out of business OR actually STOP charging ADM.

Why settle for MSRP? If people would settle for nothing above invoice price, we can all get a great deal!

OP
OP
Big Papa Gecko

Big Papa Gecko

Reaction score
Guessing the R payment will be over 2K?
Actually, if the market doesnt cool super drastically, my R payment will be just under 900 a month after equity and down payment.
I haven't really looked at what the lower trim F150s are going for, but kind of sucks that you can't even get below MSRP when the dealer is trying to move it to get it off the books. Really glad I shouldn't need to be in the market for a few years from now.

Why settle for MSRP? If people would settle for nothing above invoice price, we can all get a great deal!
No dealership will sell all inventory at invoice. That would put them all out of business. But some vehicles MSRP is literally already lower than invoice (mach e cough cough)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No dealership will sell all inventory at invoice. That would put them all out of business.

That was mostly sarcasm. I say mostly, because I've never bought a vehicle even at MSRP, but I am also fine with people paying whatever they want to for a vehicle. I'm ok with someone else overpaying for a vehicle if they want it now, even though that means I may have to wait to get the vehicle I want at the price I want.

But some vehicles MSRP is literally already lower than invoice (mach e cough cough)

I get Ford wants to get the market going for these, so they don't want them overpriced. They don't give any kickback/rebate to the dealer? Sounds like Ford is going to pull the EVs from dealer sales anyway.

OP
OP
Big Papa Gecko

Big Papa Gecko

Reaction score
That was mostly sarcasm. I say mostly, because I've never bought a vehicle even at MSRP, but I am also fine with people paying whatever they want to for a vehicle. I'm ok with someone else overpaying for a vehicle if they want it now, even though that means I may have to wait to get the vehicle I want at the price I want.

I get Ford wants to get the market going for these, so they don't want them overpriced. They don't give any kickback/rebate to the dealer? Sounds like Ford is going to pull the EVs from dealer sales anyway.
Under MSRP was because of rebates, which Ford does pay back to dealerships, manufacturers arent offering rebates because it means they keep more money.

We do not get any kickback or rebate on EVs. We literally lose 50 bucks selling a mach e at sticker

OP
OP
Big Papa Gecko

Big Papa Gecko

Reaction score
Oh absolutely, rebates are awesome. Recently there was a 2500 rebate on ecosports. so brand new little commuters for right around 22k