GEN 2 18' Raptor Exhaust Question: AFE Catless Downs + Corsa Catless

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter Shaw

Reaction score
Need one help. I just bought this truck, and unfortunately cannot stand the sound of the exhaust. It sounds deep and rumbles nicely at stand still, but as soon as I get to 2500 RPM, and hit the gas, it sounds like a Honda Ricer. From all the videos I'm seeing or the corsa system, none sound like this.

I still have the Stock Y pipe with Cats, I was thinking about putting back in, or a friend recommended installing a resonator.

-I am not too inclined/mechanically savvy, so bare with me. I am looking for recommendations on getting the drone, and the terrible whine (honda Ricer) sound gone when Accelerating?

Current Set up:

AFE Catless Downpipes
Corsa Catless Exhaust
Cobb Accessport with Tune
Turbosmart Blow off valve (dont think this plays a role but including if it does)

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't notice the sound difference on the test drive?

Get a different truck or put the 2019+ OE F150 Limited Exhaust on it.

It's a V6, there's is absolutely nothing you can do to make it sound like a V8.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deep and rumbles nice at low rpm's....until you lay on it? Then ricer sound.....it is a badass.turboed V6....never gonna be a V8 growl though..Give us something to work with.....whatchoo want?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Start with putting the factory catted downpipes back on. If you still want it quieter add the factory resonator. If that doesn’t do it, return the exhaust system completely to factory. If you don’t have the stock catback system, I’m sure someone on here could sell you one.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get that cats back on it. Start there then see if you like it. Corsa exhausts are top notch, but at the end of the day it’s a turbo V6. There will never be anything you can do to change that.

These posts remind me of the guys who wanted to put exhausts on the Modular V10s on the Super Duties. They wanted desperately for it to sound like an old 460 or 351. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that. A V10 will always sound like a pissed off V6.

if you want a V8, get a V8. But honestly, the 5.0L won’t scratch that itch either.