18,000 Miles = 4 Oil Pan Replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. With that said, the are many many more Raptor owners with dry pans than leaking pans. I know that is no consolation, as when ones vehicle is down it sux.

Sam

For me, an error at the factory is one thing. When the replacement leaked in a couple thousand miles and ford said they weren't going to do anything different than replace it again.. i started getting salty

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, an error at the factory is one thing. When the replacement leaked in a couple thousand miles and ford said they weren't going to do anything different than replace it again.. i started getting salty

Absolutely agree.

Sam

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I daily drive my truck. I don’t off road it. It’s a shit design and the reason they went back to an aluminum pan that has never had an issue. You guys almost seem butthurt their is a faulty design with this truck at one point lol

All plastic pans fail and metal pans have never had a problem? Sounds like someone is generalizing.

27k miles with 100s off road and not a drip. Guess I must be doing something wrong.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it seems crazy that they wouldn't just update it to the metal pan with proper provisions. I am lucky enough to have a metal pan but when I first read about this issue it boggles my mind to think Ford wouldn't put the latest and greatest improvements and take care of this once and for all.

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All plastic pans fail and metal pans have never had a problem? Sounds like someone is generalizing.

27k miles with 100s off road and not a drip. Guess I must be doing something wrong.

Because I’m associating it with someone on an equal playing field of a non off-road daily driven. But you are more then welcome to let everyone know what you do with you truck....that’s cool.....man the insecurities run rampant on here.

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it seems crazy that they wouldn't just update it to the metal pan with proper provisions. I am lucky enough to have a metal pan but when I first read about this issue it boggles my mind to think Ford wouldn't put the latest and greatest improvements and take care of this once and for all.

It just doesn’t make sense to me either....I guess that’s why GM is looking to buy over Ford since they aren’t financially that sound...

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you know what the problem is yet keep repeating it. I'll let you decide what that makes you instead of name calling.

The last time they only let it sit for 8 hours, so this time it won’t be the same process but after reaching out to performance shops I have found the information that I needed, so yes NOW I know.....but you will continue to be a **** for the rest of your life and that’s sad....good luck

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last time they only let it sit for 8 hours, so this time it won’t be the same process but after reaching out to performance shops I have found the information that I needed, so yes NOW I know.....but you will continue to be a **** for the rest of your life and that’s sad....good luck

I really don't know why they don't use Permatex Right Stuff. It sets up right away and is able to be put in service right away. Probably because it costs a bunch more than RTV. Sad.

Sam

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because I’m associating it with someone on an equal playing field of a non off-road daily driven. But you are more then welcome to let everyone know what you do with you truck....that’s cool.....man the insecurities run rampant on here.

I'm confused, am I insecure because my oil pan doesn't leak, or because I take my off-road truck off-road?

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't know why they don't use Permatex Right Stuff. It sets up right away and is able to be put in service right away. Probably because it costs a bunch more than RTV. Sad.

Sam

I mean it's a top level truck that is made for extreme conditions, you would think they would. I mean I love the truck but cutting corners in such an important area of a vehicle makes no sense to me.