18,000 Miles = 4 Oil Pan Replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The drippy oil pan in 2017 was an assembly problem from the factory where the liquid gasket didn't fully seal. This problem affected less than 1/4 of all Raptors and was most likely due to an out of calibration machine or a poorly trained employee. Either way, the other 3/4 of 2017 Raptors had zero issues with oil leaks.

There was one report here of a 2017 Raptor owner warping his plastic oil pan, but this guy puts 40k miles a year on his truck and many of those miles are offroading in Baja. The time he warped his pan he was raging his truck hard in the 100deg Baja summer heat. This guy also has a list a mile long of all the things he's broken and replaced on his Raptor and he would probably be better served buying a prerunner rig.

4 failed oil pans is most definitely not normal and either your mechanic is incompetent or you are doing very demanding things with your truck that you failed to mention.

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I daily drive my truck. I don’t off road it. It’s a shit design and the reason they went back to an aluminum pan that has never had an issue. You guys almost seem butthurt their is a faulty design with this truck at one point lol

jkharvey

Reaction score
My 2018 was leaking oil from 3 places at 11,000 miles. Only way I found it was crawling under with a flash light and looking. Most of the oil would drip on the skid plate or burn off before hitting the ground. I've talked with 4 Gen2 owners that aren't on social media or forums and they had the same issues. I have almost 19,000 miles now and seems replacing my oil pan resolved the issue. It did take 3-4 days like others have said to do it right. Curious why Ford switched back to aluminum pans if the composite pans are so much better.

OP
OP
S

SexyAvalancheGrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because you seem to not understand

Lmao, no you’re just a *******. I’ve built many cars and engines myself. The problem is their protocol is only to wait 8 hours for the RTV to cure before filming it, that’s the problem.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the original, one replacement, and a second replacement. Ill tell you my next oil change if it is still leaking.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I requested them to let the RTV cure for 48 hours before Filming it, ill keep you posted.

When getting the second pan I asked the counter lady, "So, how many times will you replace the plastic before you do the metal one?"

Her reply was," Can I be honest? Indefinitely, we must replace with like parts."

I thanked her politely

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. With that said, the are many many more Raptor owners with dry pans than leaking pans. I know that is no consolation, as when ones vehicle is down it sux.

Sam

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lmao, no you’re just a *******. I’ve built many cars and engines myself. The problem is their protocol is only to wait 8 hours for the RTV to cure before filming it, that’s the problem.

Sounds like you know what the problem is yet keep repeating it. I'll let you decide what that makes you instead of name calling.