17.4 MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Langhorne

Reaction score
Drive the Gen 3 from CT to Miami, Cruise control at 72 to 75 as much as possible got 17.6MPG. Then CT to Nashville 17.5mpg similar speeds. Go above 80mph down to 15.5/16 mpg. Its certainly appeared to improve after I realized on the highway to put the exhaust into quiet mode, no. idea if thats a fact but appears to be so.
Having said that I didn't get a Raptor to look for gas savings, in fact its my pleasure to annoy the EV crowd.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 11-year-old GEN1 with 95K miles on the clock gets 16.0 to 16.5 MPG on summer gas, and there is no turbo boost penalty for driving at high speeds. Not much difference, really.
I drive my 10 6.2 Scab on weekends mainly and 11.1 mpg. Mostly suburban driving and some freeway. New plugs, wires and air filter.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FordtechNone’s replies in this show his pompous, arrogant, blinder mentality. I am astonished with his shortsightedness.
That’s not what I would consider very constructive criticism and really unnecessary. I’ve found this forum is for people who want to share their experiences, seek feedback and voice their opinions and while you don’t have to agree with anyones opinions, it’s extremely unnecessary to make such strong condescending remarks, Especially when it comes to FordTechOne as he’s been extremely useful and a great source for many of us on this forum.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne have you watched born in baja yet?

On the ecoboost, when your in boost, say about 14.7psi, you have turned that little 3.5 into a 7.0 liter. So the ecoboost can consume the fuel as well as conserve it out of boost. Basically what I’m trying to say is there is some truth being said in this forum as well as some partial truths

I know I could easily look this up, but how does the EPA develop the mpg estimate? Flat ground at sea level, a mix, etc?