$150 for 50k mile struts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
As the title says, someone on marketplace is asking $150 for two gen 1 struts. Rebuilt 50k miles ago by tsw and I see Schrader valves for nitrogen too. He says they aren’t blown out and hold nitrogen just fine. How do I check that they’re not blown?IMG_1312.png

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
At 50K.....they NEED to be rebuilt. Whether they've only been to Starbuck's or seriously off-roading. Or even lightly off-roading.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Would it make more sense to just find some low mile gen2 shocks since those supposedly last like 100k between rebuilds? Also, how would one recharge the nitrogen in these shocks after rebuilding myself?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Gen 2 shocks are too long for Gen 1's. Bought a used Gen 1 with new Gen 2 shocks on it. The ride was horrid and stiff.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Ok I’ll stick with gen1 shocks on top perch. I’ve weighed the pros and cons and I think that with the heavy front bumper I’ll be fine on top perch.