1200 miles = Power steering pressure hose leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed today my power steering hose was leaking. Its the pressure hose from the pump to the gear. Arghh 1200 miles!!!! Now I gotta fix it.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope they have them. When mine blew they said there was a three month backorder but magically found one when I told them I'd drive a loaner same way I drive the raptor

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was available overnight. My local Ford dealer probably doesnt even have an oil filter for it in stock.

I remember back a few months ago hearing other guys saying they were on backorder. Now I just have to get it changed without making a huge mess. Thats the worst part in my opinion.

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced at 17k miles a few weeks ago. I caught it before it got too bad, was just a seep really

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddy Erik blew his power steering hose on his FIRST off road outing... we only put about 400 miles on the truck. So don't feel too bad! :)

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its fixed - pretty simple to change. Took maybe 45 minutes to be extra careful and not spill/drip fluid everywhere.

I did it myself because I am WAAAYYY too picky to take my truck a dealer and let them grease/scratch/dent it all up. I've heard too many horror stories about Joe the technician backing someones brand new Raptor into another vehicle. lol

If I had something expensive fail under warranty I might consider letting them fix it.

Last edited:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question, since this seems to be quite common, does anyone know if Ford is considering doing anything about it? Like a recall for an upgraded line or something of the sort?

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question, since this seems to be quite common, does anyone know if Ford is considering doing anything about it? Like a recall for an upgraded line or something of the sort?

??? Good question. They usually do recall things that cause a safety concern and I would def consider power steering failure a safety concern.