12/12 build week who is with me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparda1123

Reaction score
Per Ford performance, Truck is on the train in Orlando and is estimated to land between the 26th-1st at the dealer in South FL. My shipped date was 12/27. Good luck fellas, if this is any indicator, I think we'll all be seeing our trucks soon!

sfreedom97

Reaction score
I got my rail car today and checked in with csx, scheduled to arrive at destination depot end of this week… another step closer
Question for you: How do you have this level of details on the whereabouts of your truck? Is Ford Performance sharing this with you? Mine hasn't moved but is listed to move to New Boston's rail yard at some point. Curious if the updates begin to get more detailed once it actually starts to move like yours..... thanks!

Chop96

Reaction score
Question for you: How do you have this level of details on the whereabouts of your truck? Is Ford Performance sharing this with you? Mine hasn't moved but is listed to move to New Boston's rail yard at some point. Curious if the updates begin to get more detailed once it actually starts to move like yours..... thanks!
Over the last month, I've received consistently better info from regular Ford CS Chat than when I've engaged Ford Performance.

Ford CS Chat gave me the railway and car # when I asked for shipping status. From there I figured out the status from that (a phone call to automated CSX number) and am now working with salesman who has delivery status from the local car carrier company (now today or tomorrow). Fingers crossed!!!

Looks like there's a bunch of trucks moving!
:cheers:

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the most recent ford.com chat person supplied me the rail car number once it was on the move. previously they had updated me that it was at the new boston yard. Then it was as easy as calling the CSX hotline which told me where the car would be next and when the car would reach final destination. Dealer should have rail car # once it is on the move as well.

From what i gather we cant get this information ahead of time, it appears in the system after it has happened. In general there really isn't tracking accessible to any customer or dealer facing portal/person answering questions like:
When will my vehicle be moved to the next step?
which rail car will it end up on and what day is it going to be put on a rail car?
what day will it be offloaded from the rail car?
when will a carrier pick it up to take it from the rail depot to the dealer?

Chop96

Reaction score
From what i gather we cant get this information ahead of time, it appears in the system after it has happened. In general there really isn't tracking accessible to any customer or dealer facing portal/person answering questions like:
<snip>
when will a carrier pick it up to take it from the rail depot to the dealer?
My dealer sent me screen shots this morning from their system which shows the auto transport carrier picking up my truck from the rail yard with an ETA to the dealer. From that it looks like that's something a dealer should be able to predict - once it's been scheduled to occur.

Cheyennedogsoldier

Reaction score
Is anyone else still awaiting shipment? It has been a month since my status has changed, I'm less than 4 hours from the factory...

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m behind you. I got built 12/12 and last update was 12/13, still waiting on chip most likely. So mine still shows as in production. The ETA to dealer as of Friday was still 1/28-2/3, but FP told me that won’t happen and he guesses sometime in February. Not really narrowing it down for me lol. So not even shipped yet or showing as shipped yet. But this all makes me hopeful as things are moving for at least some.

Let’s see pics guys when they come in!

Chop96

Reaction score
As far as dealer visibility goes - apparently they can see the GPS of the car carrier and track that location once it's loaded on there. Just got a text from the sales guy telling me it was on the move en route to the dealer and the location - was next town up the road from the rail yard. Now IF it actually shows up there, need to see when I can get up there before Saturday... (it's 2+ hours away).

OP
OP
X

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as dealer visibility goes - apparently they can see the GPS of the car carrier and track that location once it's loaded on there. Just got a text from the sales guy telling me it was on the move en route to the dealer and the location - was next town up the road from the rail yard. Now IF it actually shows up there, need to see when I can get up there before Saturday... (it's 2+ hours away).
thats by far the best info i have heard of anyone having, seems this VINVIEW thing needs to be turned customer facing... or at least all the dealers need to buy into using it