$109,145 Starting Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's funny that people are complaining that FMC isn't giving even more money to the dealers.

Yes, but I bet a dealer has a bigger cut at MSRP then they do on a regular Raptor. Almost feels like FMC is doing dealers a favor with the relatively higher price, particularly since FMC has been pushing dealers to sell EVs at MSRP lately. But I am speculating.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to ruffle too many feathers but...

@MurderedOutSVT 's engine blew and he is back on the road now for a small fee. He can share the cost if he wants; I believe he is also S/C'd

What if a Gen2 lost its engine today and wanted the PREDATOR engine in the Gen2? What is that... $25,000 installed with ECU? You all know where I'm going with this.

But you wouldn't get all the R badging...

Seriously though, they did a few other tweaks, but it does sound like there aren't a lot of big changes. Warranty would be the biggest concern I think.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But you wouldn't get all the R badging...

Seriously though, they did a few other tweaks, but it does sound like there aren't a lot of big changes. Warranty would be the biggest concern I think.
But.... I mean...

If my engine goes out on the 3.5 Gen 2, what is stopping me from purchasing a predator engine from Ford and their ECU/software or whatnots and throwing it in the Gen2?

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
Yes, but I bit a dealer has a bigger cut at MSRP then they do on a regular Raptor. Almost feels like FMC is doing dealers a favor with the relatively higher price, particularly since FMC has been pushing dealers to sell EVs at MSRP lately. But I am speculating.
Once order banks open and Vins get assigned I'll let you know since I'm getting at 1100 over invoice

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But.... I mean...

If my engine goes out on the 3.5 Gen 2, what is stopping me from purchasing a predator engine from Ford and their ECU/software or whatnots and throwing it in the Gen2?
I think the "and whatnots" and "throwing it in" probably get you close to the cost of the Raptor R. No doubt it can be done. But it's a science project. You either gotta commit the time to do it yourself or pay a highly skilled customizer a lot of time at their highly skilled pay rate.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once order banks open and Vins get assigned I'll let you know since I'm getting at 1100 over invoice

So how many is your dealership getting? Talking with multiple dealers I know only one thinks they will even get an R.

Sam

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to ruffle too many feathers but...

@MurderedOutSVT 's engine blew and he is back on the road now for a small fee. He can share the cost if he wants; I believe he is also S/C'd

What if a Gen2 lost its engine today and wanted the PREDATOR engine in the Gen2? What is that... $25,000 installed with ECU? You all know where I'm going with this.
I'm in it for right at 9K. $6500 for an 80K mile engine and just about $2500 worth of labor and misc parts and fluids. And yes, I am stll Procharged