$109,145 Starting Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it is at the same
One problem that will keep this truck always limited production is the engine. Can someone confirm this is built at the same factory as the GT500 motor and built by hand? Not to mention is this factory going to close soon down the road?

Hellcat motors are masses produced, so Ram can make 1000’s of these trucks and sell them for a lot less. You won’t be able to compare the two. I would hope for R’s price even though it will be hard to obtain by most, it’s performance will be spectacular somewhere on the chart.
even though that plant is closing odds are it will be start being produced at the windsor plant. they have the capacity and the tooling. at least thats what I was told by a trusted person. but I would be willing to bet production won't change much. will probably be at same level.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes it is at the same

even though that plant is closing odds are it will be start being produced at the windsor plant. they have the capacity and the tooling. at least thats what I was told by a trusted person. but I would be willing to bet production won't change much. will probably be at same level.
This truck will never see volume then. Price may stabilize one day, but it will command ADM for a long time. If it lasts that long in production.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it will ever get huge numbers. I just dont see it happening. I hope I am so wrong.

PK37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a plumber too. 22yrs full time and in business for 14 years. I could swing the raptor r but am not going to out of pure principle of the ADMs. I could never do that to one of our customers existing or new. greed is b u l l s h i t. the make enough off it at msrp. 5-10k over sure, i get the market part of the equation, but anymore than that is stealing in my opinion.
Water treatment guy for 20+ years …. If I didn’t get MSRP and a great trade on my Gen3 37…. I wouldn’t do it either …. Guys that are paying 20k more just blows my mind …. But, I have paid $20 for a beer in a adult entertainment facility…. So who am I to judge !!

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it is at the same

even though that plant is closing odds are it will be start being produced at the windsor plant. they have the capacity and the tooling. at least thats what I was told by a trusted person. but I would be willing to bet production won't change much. will probably
yes it is at the same

The Predator engine for Raptor R will be built on a new assembly line in Dearborn. 18:40 in video

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tony also mentions that Ford intends to be able to make the R less exclusive in the coming years. For what it’s worth….
I will get ready to drop a Gen IV order for one of these by then lol

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
This truck will never see volume then. Price may stabilize one day, but it will command ADM for a long time. If it lasts that long in production.
You make a good point here. Dodge claims the Hellcat motor goes away in 2023, and rumor has the Hellcat going away from the TRX in possibly 2024. If the TRX dies in 2023 or 2024, why would Ford make the Raptor R past that?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You make a good point here. Dodge claims the Hellcat motor goes away in 2023, and rumor has the Hellcat going away from the TRX in possibly 2024. If the TRX dies in 2023 or 2024, why would Ford make the Raptor R past that?

Money. I'm not going to pretend to know the economics, but if the truck is still profitable, despite CAFE standards and whatever else comes their way, then Ford will keep selling them. I don't think it will be worth it for Ford to produce an R in the Gen 4 Raptor, but that's several years away.