0-2 so far in finding a dealer to place an order with!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I did forget about the fuel charge and ADV assessment... truecar.com gave me an invoice price of $50,883 (vs Edmunds $49,892). I did contact one other local dealer that said they have an allocation available. I told them where I would like to be and they're getting back to me by the morning. If they can do the invoice deal I asked for I'll order through them... if they're not close to that I'll most likely give the original dealer a call back and see if we can meet somewhere between invoice and their $3k off. $4k off would get me to order it tomorrow so I'll just cross my fingers and see what happens.

Hope it works out for you and you don't lose out on owning the most bad ass production truck ever made over $1000 bucks. Like it's been said the closer it gets to cut off you'll be lucky to even get a Raptor for MSRP.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, half the people that say they "bought at invoice" dont even know the difference between invoice and MSRP.

We've seen that proven time and time again. The 3K off MSRP is a pretty solid deal.

Ain't that the truth!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stick with it, Jme. I visited four Ford dealerships and had substantive contacts with two more before I found a dealer that actually wanted to, you know, actually sell a truck to a ready buyer. No exaggeration in the slightest. One dealer told me that he'd read about Raptors but they'd never had a Raptor on the lot, and that was the end of the conversation. Another told me, and again I'm not kidding, "We don't get those. What would you be willing to settle for?" So you've got to pursue your goal with some fortitude. I finally connected out of state with a young salesman who'd only been in the business for 6 months. He made it happen when other far more experienced salesmen were content to sit on their asses.

Reaction score
I bought one a few weeks ago at Herb Chambers in Braintree at sticker. After going to a bunch of dealers in the area and getting nowhere I got lucky and they just got one in so I scooped it up. I paid full sticker price but at that point I didn't care and just wanted one before I missed out.

Mass Rap

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and live in Boston. I bought my Raptor at Muzi Ford in Needham. Ordered 11/13 picked her up 1/3. Dealt with Ian Marsh. Nice guy but don't expect a good deal. Best of luck on your quest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jme

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I have a tentative deal with the original dealer I was speaking with for $3500 off of MSRP, or according to them $1k over invoice. I have to speak with the GM tomorrow morning to finalize and write it up but it's already been agreed to via email so that's just a formality.

I have to say, I'm pretty psyched right now. I know it'll be a while before I actually get it and that's fine since I was originally planning on buying one in May/June but that just gives me more time to plan how I want to personalize it.

as of right now my spec is as follows:

Screw
801A
Front/Rear camera
Tailgate Step
Spray in liner
Moonroof

I'm just torn between Oxford White and Race Red... I'm leaning towards the white but the red just looks so cool on this truck.

twinturbonium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Van Bortel is in NY and orders at Invoice. Don't know if you checked them. They sell a lot of raptors and might have allocations.

OP
OP
Jme

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did call Van Bortel... He was very upfront and said he would sell at invoice but he already had 10 on order and didn't think he'd be able to fill those orders.

Thanks though.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I have a tentative deal with the original dealer I was speaking with for $3500 off of MSRP, or according to them $1k over invoice. I have to speak with the GM tomorrow morning to finalize and write it up but it's already been agreed to via email so that's just a formality.

I have to say, I'm pretty psyched right now. I know it'll be a while before I actually get it and that's fine since I was originally planning on buying one in May/June but that just gives me more time to plan how I want to personalize it.

as of right now my spec is as follows:

Screw
801A
Front/Rear camera
Tailgate Step
Spray in liner
Moonroof

I'm just torn between Oxford White and Race Red... I'm leaning towards the white but the red just looks so cool on this truck.

ANY color looks great on a Raptor Cant go wrong with Race Red or Oxford White

I went with Oxford White myself

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a pretty good deal now.

You proir military? USAA member? They have a pretty good buyers program, if you are.

Don't count out a good long road trip to go get the right truck either!! If anything falls through, contact Cookeville Ford (Cookeville, TN) and ask for Tim Roche...Got mine from him and was super happy with the deal and service!

Then I got to enjoy a nice 5,000 mile break-in road trip back to Alaska!!

Good luck with the deal! You're going to love the truck!