Installing plastic covers on bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took off these covers on my front bumper & now I'm having some trouble to get them installed securely. Anyone have any tips/suggestions before I screw it down?
3ydegeby.jpg
yqaze3y8.jpg
9u9ehype.jpg

LS3 CJ7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are definitely a pain to get back on. I wish I knew how Ford did it. I took mine off last week to install my new 29" LED. To put them back on I had to get a very skinny flat head screwdriver and pull each tab forward to fit it behind the bumperette. It will take a few tries and is very frustrating. I did the top tabs first and the bottom tabs last. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
apeezie289

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are definitely a pain to get back on. I wish I knew how Ford did it. I took mine off last week to install my new 29" LED. To put them back on I had to get a very skinny flat head screwdriver and pull each tab forward to fit it behind the bumperette. It will take a few tries and is very frustrating. I did the top tabs first and the bottom tabs last. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok bud thanks for the tip. It is a pain in the butt- we'll get it!!

SVT Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost faster and easier to just pull the bumper off...lol. I did that last time. Like 6 bolts, and you dont have to worry about the tabs getting warn out.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fishing line looped around the tabs, maybe?

Never taken these off before so I'm not entirely sure of the issue, but that could allow you to pull the tabs out enough to get it back on. Then just cut the line and pull it out. Second set of hands might help, as well.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya tehy are a bitch!!! I took a long 10mm wrench and bent it so I could get the nuts loose so the tabs slipped on easy when I did mine

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its much easier to pull the bumper. you have to get to the 10mm bolts from the back. they werent designed to be put on after the bumper is on.