Whelen lights and WSI light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally time to post some pictures of my Whelen lights mounted on my WSI light bar. Not much to install. Couldn't get much easier, set the bar on the truck, drill four holes and bolt the bar in place. Then mount lights, connect wires, flip the switch and turn night into day.

I am really impressed with the quality and the light output of the Whelen led bars. They are made in the USA and the quality is great. Light output is very good. After trying these out I have to say these lights put out much more light than other lights that I have on the truck that have similar lumen ratings. I plan on switching out more of my lights to Whelen as soon as I finish a few other mods on the truck.

The WSI light bar is very well built and I like the look on the truck. My wife said that the light bar completes the look of the Raptor. She also liked the way the bar matches the lines of the cab. High praise from a woman who didn't want me to put a light bar on.

These lights reach out a very long way. The middle picture on the top row is just the Whelen lights. In this picture they are lighting up 1/4 mile plus. I don't have the other pictures handy but I did some other testing where greater range was possible. They illuminated the roadside from approximately 1/2 mile out. Light went farther but, you could see signs at 1/2 mile that were not visible at all without these on.

I would highly recommend these lights and the WSI light bar to anybody. Any questions, please fire away.

Attachments

• all lights.jpg
    all lights.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 125
  • only whelen.jpg
    only whelen.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC04359.jpg
    DSC04359.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC03976.jpg
    DSC03976.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC04600.jpg
    DSC04600.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 505
  • lightsinyard.jpg
    lightsinyard.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC04545.jpg
    DSC04545.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC04449.jpg
    DSC04449.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 135

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks nice and a bright ass set of lights...

Question: did you paint or powder coat?

OP
OP
Labraptor

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks nice and a bright ass set of lights...

Question: did you paint or powder coat?

It was painted when I got it. Took it off and repainted with a hammered finish rattle can because it had places where the flag poles and their hardware had worn through the paint. That was my fault but I didn't want to wait till I was home from SD to run the flags.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My custom WSI light bar is being made now, can't wait to mount it up. Our setups will be very similar - I have VisionX 4500's on hood mounts and the WSI bar. The difference will be that I have a Venom winch coming to me instead of the stealth.