First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a scary story @cbcgeneral
Those brushes can be murder on paint. The last guy probably used it on the floor of his horse trailer lol.

Of course his paint would be black so the damage was even worse. Hopefully the scratches are not too deep and can be polished out.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WINDOW TRIM APPEARANCE AND PROTECTION

The blotchy, dried out, rubber window trim on these trucks had me applying trim dressing after every other wash, which was time consuming, and would streak down the paint during a rain storm. I decided to test out Adam's Quick Sealant, and it fixed the problem! Now, the rubber window trim looks good, as is protected from the elements.

For the first 6 months with my truck, I had used Adam's Super VRT, which is a trim dressing. It always made the window trim look great, but it would get washed off after a few weeks. The trim would then go back to looking blotchy and bleached out. The wide rubber window sill trim was the worst. The more plasticy window trim around the sides and tops was not near as bad.

BEFORE pic:

During last fall's full detailing session, I cleaned the trim really good, then applied Adam's Quick Sealant with a foam applicator. The Quick Sealant is an aerosol product. I did not spray the sealant onto the trim, so it would not end up on the glass and in the cracks. Spraying the applicator is the best method, as the sealant needs to be leveled out on the surface.

After letting it dry for a while (maybe 10-15 minutes), I wiped any residue off with a low nap microfiber towel. The waffle weave towels work good, like the Waterless Wash Towels or the Great White Microfiber Drying Towel. A plush polishing towel like the Single Soft or Double Soft tend to grab more on the rubber trim, and may leave behind some lint.

50/50 SHOT

Note that the product has not leveled out yet. Make long even swipes with the foam applicator, to get the sealant as even as possible.

AFTER pic, taken the next day:

Here's a photo showing the overall.

One application of Quick Sealant in the fall still looked great the next spring. For the spring full detail, I repeated the process, with the same great results.

The Steps:

1) Clean the rubber window trim with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner (APC), using a Adam's Trim Brush. DO NOT let the APC dry on the paint, or be in the direct sunlight. Work one window at a time, and rinse thoroughly before going to the next window. Since the APC will strip off any sealant or wax on your paint, this is best done when you are ready to reapply and paint protection.

2) Let the trim dry well. Sealant will not bond to a damp surface.

3) Apply Quick Sealant with a foam applicator, level evenly, allow to dry.

4) Remove any haze with a microfiber waffle weave towel.

The Quick Sealant is a excellent product. I also use it on the running boards, all texture plastic trim like the vents, and the wheels.

Check out this video: