Raptor rattling riddle - experts wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A dude posted a video on YouTube today showing that same vibration and he even isolated it too! Check it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dude posted a video on YouTube today showing that same vibration and he even isolated it too! Check it.

Can you find it? I just searched Raptor and went back a week, didn't see any relevant videos

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

BF, do you have a go pro?

maybe hood mount it or get it somewhere outside to see if you can pick up a rattle outside. This sounds like a cab rattle to me but if you can feel it in the floorboards, and the harmonics match the rattle and it only happens while you’re moving it has to be related to the drive train. If it’s 2h / 4A consistent, I’d be inclined to look from the trans rearward. It almost sounds like a dying cat(alytic converter).

I’d suggest engaging a decent go pro externally to see if you can pick up a rattle with more audio clues. I’ve got one on my ZX10r that picks up a mysterious bodywork rattle on video, that is not in the audio sound track on the bike. It happens about 4-4.5k but I’ll be damned if I can track it down. I can only hear it on the GoPro !

Good luck with it.

Dealer has the truck but a good idea but think that's why they used the chassisears today

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes it's a video on 2017 Ford Raptor Wastegate Rattle. The guy points out the Wastegate and shows them rattling.

Unfortunately I'm on a plane and for some reason I cannot browse YouTube at the moment but 100% it's there.

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a video on 2017 Ford Raptor Wastegate Rattle. The guy points out the Wastegate and shows them rattling.

Unfortunately I'm on a plane and for some reason I cannot browse YouTube at the moment but 100% it's there.

Got it, I did see that last week but the shop checked the wastegate and ruled it out

Here's the wastegate

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer replaced my vacuum harness, small wire looking thing had a nick in it that was preventing the system from holding the vacuum

Sound is gone, hopefully it doesn't return

ericburney

Desert is the best medicine
Reaction score
Same rattle

I too have the same thing happening....can you share exactly what part(s) # the dealer replaced ? I would like my dealer to call the dealer and its tech who fixed your rattle. Would appreciate it.

Eric Burney

OP
OP
B

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have the same thing happening....can you share exactly what part(s) # the dealer replaced ? I would like my dealer to call the dealer and its tech who fixed your rattle. Would appreciate it.

Eric Burney

Check your PM, also hit up KentSD as I know they replaced a lot of stuff on his ride

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your PM, also hit up KentSD as I know they replaced a lot of stuff on his ride

Go ahead and post the part number people searching will eventually need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk