Ridiculous

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I’ve said it for years, a salesman will sell you one car. The service department will be the reason you do or don’t buy the next vehicle. Our local Ram, Chevy, and Ford service departments are all pretty good, so I feel fortunate. This story right here is where the term “stealership” got its start.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very ****** situation man. I’ve run into similar communication issues, service being stated it’s completed when it’s not, and lying at several Denver ford dealerships. Anyone know of a good one and I’m all ears. I’d be hard pressed after two raptors to buy another unless the service end changes.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried to get into any local dealer (4 different ones at that) for over 6 months. I live less than a quater mile from a ford dealer and the srrvice guy literally wouldnt schedule me. Everytime i would press him he qould reply with "I would take it somewhere else." Obviously they don't want to do it. I can't force them to either.
Have you talked to his boss? The service manager? The GM? Many SAs are bottom-feeding weasels that view lying as entertainment. They also work on commission and warranty work pays the least. If he can make you go away and can sell unneeded service to little old ladies instead, he makes more money. His boss and the service manager may take a different view. It's worth a try.

raptor556

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is more of a story and to see what my options are than anything. I bought a 2019 F150 Raptor new from a dealer 3 hours away from where I live. I love my truck but am thoroughly disgusted with Ford and every dealer I have tried to work with.
Timing chain rattle started around 40k. I had the reprogram done after they reimplemented it. Drove another 2kish miles and the truck was rattling worse than before. Called the dealer and they suddenly vanished. Refused to return phone calls. No email reply. Nothing. I attempted to get my truck in to 3 other local dealers and got the "Did you buy it here? No? Then I'd take it somewhere else." treatment. Looks like the factory warranty and the money spent on my ESP was a joke... Well after 4 months of trying to find a dealer to service my truck under warranty to no avail, I called the dealer I purchased it from. They were more than willing to get me in the following week and said everything should be done quickly. (I also wanted them to check on oil loss, water on the passenger floorboard, and the incessant turbo connector rattle.) Cool. I made the 3.5 hour trip and dropped it off... At least it'll get fixed.

Boy was I wrong. After a week I called to check on its status. They told me that everything was fixed except the water leak because their "water guy" hadn't showed up to work and noone could get ahold of him. Since it was a Friday at that point and "he only comes on Monday" I figured I'd wait.
Another week goes by and I call again. "He didn't shoe up this week either. Sorry" I told them I can't wait on a guy who won't come to work forever and need my truck. I was promptly informed that everything else is fixed and you can pick it up whenever.
I had to work the following 3 days and at this point was without a vehicle so I had a couple family members make the trip 3 hours to get the truck. I called before they left to make sure nothing was owed and was told they would call me right back. Family didn't want to be driving all day so they went ahead and left. 4 hours later they arrived and no callback had been done by the dealer. When they asked for the keys they were informed that NONE of the work was completed and that they were waiting on 29 parts to show up. After a small fit being thrown by me, they said they would call ford to see if I could get a replacement vehicle. What do I get to replace my Raptor? A volkswagen jetta. Well that won't haul anything. Looks like I'm gonna have to put off finishing my bathroom install and hauling my fourwheeler down to the lease property for another couple weeks.

Fast forward 5 more weeks and here I am. I called today to check and still waiting on parts. I've now paid payments without having the truck, and have nearly missed an entire season without a truck. Theres no way to put the four wheeler in the jetta and i sont think enterprise would want me driving it where i need to get. I called Ford customer service and after 20 minutes of waiting for someone to answer the call dropped on their end. Someone picked up and it went silent. Great. I wait another 20 minutes and someone answers. She tells me that their current loaner payback program only cover 15 days. Well then maybe you should ship my ******* parts to the dealer. They call the dealer to "check" on what I already checked on 10 minutes earlier. After waiting another 5 minutes, call drops again. Is there anything I can do? I'm at a loss and truly sick of this.

I've been a Ford guy for 20 years ever since Dodge screwed my dad with warranty work.. we have a 19 Raptor, a 20 7.3 Superduty, and a 21 Mustang convertible. Im about to sell them all and rebrand.

Sorry for the rant. This has dragged on almost a year at this point.
epic rant.

waaaa I bought a vehicle and some stuff went wrong.

it happens bro. it's called ****** luck.

And all dealers are turds. time you learned the lesson.

the reaction to sell everything is childish. If your truck sucks, sell it. It happens, and lucky you now is a great time to sell.

The fact that you have that kind of brand loyalty shows a lot. You buy ford because your "loyal".
what a heaping ball of shit that is.

I say buy what is great, no matter the brand.

The F150 hasn't been great all generations, and some others rock. So you go where the best is at that time. period.

Last edited:

raptor556

Reaction score
Have you talked to his boss? The service manager? The GM? Many SAs are bottom-feeding weasels that view lying as entertainment. They also work on commission and warranty work pays the least. If he can make you go away and can sell unneeded service to little old ladies instead, he makes more money. His boss and the service manager may take a different view. It's worth a try.
This dude is spot on.

Funny a service department just tried that with my mom yesterday. Proposing some ******** work that wasn't needed.

All dealerships blow.

Now ask me how I really feel.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
epic rant.

the reaction to sell everything is childish. If your truck sucks, sell it. It happens, and lucky you now is a great time to sell.

The fact that you have that kind of brand loyalty shows a lot. You buy ford because your "loyal".

I say what is great, no matter the brand.

The F150 hasn't been great all generations, and some others rock. So you go where the best is at that time. period.

What a badass you are. Edgelord

OP
OP
19Stripper

19Stripper

Reaction score
epic rant.

I say buy what is great, no matter the brand.

Childish to sell everything after 5 dealers fail to fix mechanical problems that are covered under warranty? Sorry but I dont see it that way. I paid for the warranty in the price of the vehicle and purchased a ESP as well. I expect it to be taken care of. To date they still haven't given any updates and I havent seen my truck in over 2 months. The option to sell it doesn't even exist currently.

Thanks for the rest of your super insightful troll vomit. Pretty fluent for not speaking internet. Great job!

Have a good one "bro."

raptor556

Reaction score
Childish to sell everything after 5 dealers fail to fix mechanical problems that are covered under warranty? Sorry but I dont see it that way. I paid for the warranty in the price of the vehicle and purchased a ESP as well. I expect it to be taken care of. To date they still haven't given any updates and I havent seen my truck in over 2 months. The option to sell it doesn't even exist currently.

Thanks for the rest of your super insightful troll vomit. Pretty fluent for not speaking internet. Great job!

Have a good one "bro."
Childish to sell vehicles that don't have anything to do with your trucks issue.

But it's america. do what you want.

cheers

bro