Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

x-ray

Reaction score
Just did a bunch of FORScan changes and it was very easy with the tutorial and spreadsheet from @Livinitup. Again, thank you!

If anyone near Cincinnati wants to be programmed, hit me up.

X

Last edited:

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using the OHP ELM adapter (USB not bluetooth) and FORScan is unable to connect to my truck in MS-CAN. FORSCan connects to the adapter but I get this error message below of it not being able to connect to the vehicle (ignore the first error at 13:10:52 as the adapter wasn't hooked up in the USB yet). When I switch to HS-CAN and hit reconnect, everything connects find but it disconnects if I switch back to MS-CAN. My first thought is the adapter may need an update but I haven't been able to find where/how that's possible.

Anyone have any ideas why the OHP ELM won't connect in MS-CAN to my Gen 2?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 129

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
install the drivers into the cpu from the website on the paper with the elm

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using the OHP ELM adapter (USB not bluetooth) and FORScan is unable to connect to my truck in MS-CAN. FORSCan connects to the adapter but I get this error message below of it not being able to connect to the vehicle (ignore the first error at 13:10:52 as the adapter wasn't hooked up in the USB yet). When I switch to HS-CAN and hit reconnect, everything connects find but it disconnects if I switch back to MS-CAN. My first thought is the adapter may need an update but I haven't been able to find where/how that's possible.

Anyone have any ideas why the OHP ELM won't connect in MS-CAN to my Gen 2?

Yeah make sure you have the correct driver installed and reboot computer. Your adapter switch should be in the HS-CAN position when you connect in FORScan and after it reads a few modules it should prompt you to flip the switch to MS-CAN to read the rest of the modules. If it isn't prompting you to flip the switch, click no when you connect and it brings up your previous VIN profile.

Last edited:

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only issue with this tool so far is the speedo recalculation. In the BCM module 726-12-01, if I change the second set of Hex to match tire size from 34.4 to 36.7, I get wrench icon in the dashboard.

I can go back to original Hex, no problem. I have the saved values and screenshot of original. Just wondering why I can't have my speedo correct without wrench icon specifying Code P160A - Control Module Vehicel Options Reconfiguration Error in TCM.

Perhaps I cant have the cake and eat it too.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only issue with this tool so far is the speedo recalculation. In the BCM module 726-12-01, if I change the second set of Hex to match tire size from 34.4 to 36.7, I get wrench icon in the dashboard.

I can go back to original Hex, no problem. I have the saved values and screenshot of original. Just wondering why I can't have my speedo correct without wrench icon specifying Code P160A - Control Module Vehicel Options Reconfiguration Error in TCM.

Perhaps I cant have the cake and eat it too.

Yeah the wrench icon for the speedo calibration started with the 17s so you'd have to get a hypertech speedo calibrator or a custom tuner that can also do it.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
install the drivers into the cpu from the website on the paper with the elm

Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

Yeah make sure you have the correct driver installed and reboot computer. Your adapter switch should be in the HS-CAN position when you connect in FORScan and after it reads a few modules it should prompt you to flip the switch to MS-CAN to read the rest of the modules. If it isn't prompting you to flip the switch, click no when you connect and it brings up your previous VIN profile.

Thank you

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Liv, sorry if this was asked before. But any codes to turn off the time limit for idling? Right now it seems to turn off automatically after 20 minutes I believe but would love to disable that and allow for longer​ idling time.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Liv, sorry if this was asked before. But any codes to turn off the time limit for idling? Right now it seems to turn off automatically after 20 minutes I believe but would love to disable that and allow for longer​ idling time.

not liv but the answer is no not yet. if you need longer idle times you have to turn it off in the advanced setting each time. it will default to on after turning the truck off and on again.