Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In regards to the "Dark Car" setting, isn't there a dome light button on the overhead console? Is there a difference?

Dark Car feature - Courtesy Lights OFF & Welcome/Farewell lights OFF

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Hey @Livnitup, do you think it's possible with forscan to add/enable the tech package if we swap the right parts? (Adaptive cruise, lane keeping and auto wiper). Thanks for your knowledge!

Adding Adaptive Cruise & Lane Keeping System has been accomplished on 2016 F150s but I don't know anyone with a 2017 that has done it yet. So far there's only be a few minor differences in the 2017s so I'm pretty sure it could be done. On the ACC & LKS you'd need access to IDS & a VCM2 adapter for camera/radar alignment unless you could talk the dealership into doing it.

Adding ACC thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f2/adaptive-cruise-control-added-373799/

Adding LKS thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/adding-lane-assist-502a-372650/

I've never seen anyone add auto wiper but that's not to say it can't be done.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Can Starbucks park assist be added?

Yes, but it's pretty sketchy because the truck doesn't have enough sensors to pull the move off safely. I'm in the process of adding more sensors on my truck now for a different project and will be testing this some this weekend to see if it's any less sketchy.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone wants to test this could you let me know if it works on Raptor?
BCM: 726-48-02 x*xx xxxx xxxx Auto start/stop disable: 0=disabled, 1=enabled

I think pushing the button will still illuminate but should be disabled anyways.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does "Stereo Extended Play" mean? From the notes it seemed like a way to turn of the radio once the car shuts off. I set it to xxAx xxxx xxxx, but the radio still plays after the car shuts off. If anyone knows a way to do that I'd appreciate it. I really don't like that the radio only stops playing after you open the door.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does "Stereo Extended Play" mean? From the notes it seemed like a way to turn of the radio once the car shuts off. I set it to xxAx xxxx xxxx, but the radio still plays after the car shuts off. If anyone knows a way to do that I'd appreciate it. I really don't like that the radio only stops playing after you open the door.

This is the run time of stereo without accessories on. Set to 7D0-01-01 xx6x xxxx xxxx for 60 mins.
Example: If truck has been off you can hop in and hit the stereo on/off button (without touching ignition start button) and radio will come on for 60 mins. If you're already in truck and turn off engine you need to open/close door so the accessory timeout expires before doing this.

Last edited:

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the run time of stereo without accessories on. Set to 7D0-01-01 xx6x xxxx xxxx for 60 mins.
Example: If truck has been off you can hop in and hit the stereo on/off button (without touching ignition start button) and radio will come on for 60 mins. If you're already in truck and turn off engine you need to open/close door so the accessory timeout expires before doing this.

Thanks for the info. So, just to be clear there's no other code currently known that can be used to turn the radio off as soon as the truck turns off correct?

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livnitup, wanted to say thanks for all the work you put into this. Using your spreadsheet and tutorials, I programmed a bunch of things on my new truck and it was super easy thanks to you.

You are a good man, keep up the good work.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. So, just to be clear there's no other code currently known that can be used to turn the radio off as soon as the truck turns off correct?
None that I'm aware of, sorry.

Livnitup, wanted to say thanks for all the work you put into this. Using your spreadsheet and tutorials, I programmed a bunch of things on my new truck and it was super easy thanks to you.

You are a good man, keep up the good work.

Congrats and thanks for the kind words!

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Stereo Extended Play APIM 7D0-01-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx Stereo Extended Play: A=off, 2=20mins, 3=30mins, 4=40mins, 5=50mins, 6=60mins (Sync 2 & Sync 3)

I maybe confused but wouldn't Photo want to use the A=off
If he doesn't want the stereo to play when he shuts down.

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone wants to test this could you let me know if it works on Raptor?
BCM: 726-48-02x*xxxxxxxxxxAuto start/stop disable: 0=disabled, 1=enabled

I think pushing the button will still illuminate but should be disabled anyways.

It sure works with me, finally I don't have to hit the button every time I start the truck

Every time I stop this comes up and disappears once I move

047777a0585fff74d6645c7d4d4d8d98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk