My Ford Touch Sync Update Gen2-V3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I downloaded all the files, thanks for the raptor files! I'm going to attempt doing this to my 2014 today,, wish me luck lol..

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm just stopping by to let you know that Ford has created a patch to revert the Ford splash screen back to the Raptor image (for those of you that have installed V3.7). This fix can be downloaded from: http://syncmediaprod.blob.core.windows.net/swparts/Gen2v37_RaptorPatch.zip You must extract the downloaded .zip file and place the extracted folder and files on the root directory of a USB drive. Keep in mind that the USB must be formatted to FAT32 or it will not work. Once the USB is inserted in your Raptor, the installation will start automatically (just like the other software updates).

If V3.7 is available for your vehicle at: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com I suggest holding off on the installation until the issue has been resolved.

Kim

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I checked and they are only showing 3.6.2, and it is the latest for mine. I'll hold off until they've got it nailed down. Thanks for the update Kim!

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm just stopping by to let you know that Ford has created a patch to revert the Ford splash screen back to the Raptor image (for those of you that have installed V3.7). This fix can be downloaded from: http://syncmediaprod.blob.core.windows.net/swparts/Gen2v37_RaptorPatch.zip You must extract the downloaded .zip file and place the extracted folder and files on the root directory of a USB drive. Keep in mind that the USB must be formatted to FAT32 or it will not work. Once the USB is inserted in your Raptor, the installation will start automatically (just like the other software updates).

If V3.7 is available for your vehicle at: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com I suggest holding off on the installation until the issue has been resolved.

Kim

Thanks FordIVTteam, I just installed the patch and the RaptorSVT splash screen is back.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So dumb question,, should I install the update I've had on my computer for a bit then install this patch?

If you really want the update now, you can do that. Or if you do not mind waiting they are saying to hold off and there will be an updated version that fixes the install so that you do not need to then do the patch to get the raptor logo back

D

Deleted member 12951

So dumb question,, should I install the update I've had on my computer for a bit then install this patch?

You can do it that way or just modify the existing autoinstall.lst file to include the additional zip file as instructed previously. It was very easy and did the update in one step.

medic001918

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the update. I still have to put the splash screen back on which I will do tomorrow! But since doing the update, I've noticed that the GPS tends to lose its accuracy as to where I am. I'll be on the highway and it'll have me on some roads near the highway instead. It never did that before. Anyone else having that problem? And how was it fixed?

Shane

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yes, I installed the update one week ago and then installed the patch yesterday. So far I really like the 3.7 update.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my question:

I just logged into the SYNC site and it said my software is up to date, I have the following Version: Gen2 - V3.6.2

But I went ahead and downloaded the update files from the Google folder which JimboSVT posted and made the changes in Autoinstall file.

What's the danger of running the update when SYNC site says I don't need an update?