rear tail gate emblem removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
ooooh, ok.... *Goes and looks for fishing line and goof off* So just to be clear the F150 badge has pins/holes but the raptor badge does not? To be on the safe side I'll wait for BO's picture...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ooooh, ok.... *Goes and looks for fishing line and goof off* So just to be clear the F150 badge has pins/holes but the raptor badge does not? To be on the safe side I'll wait for BO's picture...

Here ya go, Brother. Hot off the presses.... lmao @ using my iPad to cover the digits on my license plate.... those of us that are illiterate in PhotoShop have to get creative.

IMG00450-20110420-0957.jpg

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Damn... The real question is why? Why go through all the trouble to punch all those holes for what? Ugh... Thanks for posting the pics Bo!

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn... The real question is why? Why go through all the trouble to punch all those holes for what? Ugh... Thanks for posting the pics Bo!

They do that shit for assembly. Less mistakes. I done see why they dont do the same thing as the raptor badge. just indent the badge... wham bam installed and down the line

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I see why but I wonder if it really saves that much time/energy/money? I mean, they have to program a machine to punch all those holes and then place the emblems. Why not skip the punching holes and place the emblems. There is already an indentation for the badge to align itself in (like the Raptor badge) why go through all the trouble. They don't do the Raptor badge b/c every tailgate gets an F150 badge. Not all of them get the Raptor badge.

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
They did the same thing on the Lightnings. F150 was pinned but the Lightning badge was a stick on. I removed the 6.2 badges but will leave the tailgate alone until it's gets damaged. Then I will weld up the holes and make it clean.

JHlebica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the chrome ring around the Ford emblem is removed. I have the back up camera and heard that you can just pop the emblem off. I want to remove the chrome ring and sand it down and paint it black to match the other emblems and get rid of the only chrome that is on the truck.

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the emblem just pops off. Be careful though - the tabs in the back are easily broken. Honestly, I'd just spend the $20 to buy a new one before you even try.

Once you have the emblem off, there are two screws behind it that will remove the chrome camera housing. The camera just unplugs with a plastic clip.