why did you decide to get a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TedB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry. took a picture of the wrong container. i used this one

treasure-chest_zpse7034582.jpg

ROFL!!! Thats about just right :)

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

The PT Cruiser was out of production so I went with the next baddest thing.

Many have said the same :)

tbonemcniel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets see, my F-350 King Ranch Dually FX4 was riding too rough up and down these lease roads in the South Texas Oilfields, so I retired it to tow duty only, and bought a Raptor.

But in reality, I already have a 10-sec '93 Lightning, and a "soon to be 10-sec" '04 Lightning, and a '03 Harley Davidson F-150 (which I consider honorary SVT), and I needed to complete my SVT F-150 collection.

If Ford ever decides to build a 3rd Gen Lightning, I will be all over that shit!!!!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought mine because I'm a ford man and I needed a truck that wouldn't spill my corona's while I was jumping sand hill's in the dunes :happy160:

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cause I wanted one:happy160:

Got tired of the diesel scene. Sold my 2006 Ram 2500 QC. it was a nice truck but nothing compared the raptor. Didn't really tow anything or go on long trips. Also have a Jeep GC SRT8 and an 03 Cobra. But the raptor is so nice to drive that I might sell my SRT8 too.

BTW -- For you guys waiting for your truck hang in there it is DEFINITELY worth it!!! I ordered mine without ever driving one. Glad I didn't because once you drive one the wait will be much tougher!!

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first wanted a GMC All Terrain HD but they never did build them for production. Only a concept truck that they show at car shows. I got tired of waiting and traded my 2004 Reg cab Z71 silverado with stepside bed. It only had 37k miles. My son & I test drove a used 2012 white Screw and that got me.

I've had fords in the past, I ordered a 1986 Big Bronco with 351 4 barrel. Also had a 1988 F150 4x4. Both were great trucks.

First Look: GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept - PickupTrucks.com News

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I first wanted a GMC All Terrain HD but they never did build them for production. Only a concept truck that they show at car shows. I got tired of waiting and traded my 2004 Reg cab Z71 silverado with stepside bed. It only had 37k miles. My son & I test drove a used 2012 white Screw and that got me.

I've had fords in the past, I ordered a 1986 Big Bronco with 351 4 barrel. Also had a 1988 F150 4x4. Both were great trucks.

First Look: GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept - PickupTrucks.com News

I was interested in the too. Shame they didnt make some competition for ford

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

EternalChampion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because whenever I looked at a Ferrari or a Raptor...I felt the same. I was +250 K with the Raptor.

Plus the ground clearance on my BMW wasn't instilling confidence during winter months.

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets see, my F-350 King Ranch Dually FX4 was riding too rough up and down these lease roads in the South Texas Oilfields, so I retired it to tow duty only, and bought a Raptor.

But in reality, I already have a 10-sec '93 Lightning, and a "soon to be 10-sec" '04 Lightning, and a '03 Harley Davidson F-150 (which I consider honorary SVT), and I needed to complete my SVT F-150 collection.

If Ford ever decides to build a 3rd Gen Lightning, I will be all over that shit!!!!

Oh Eagle Ford how I love thee.