why did you decide to get a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmcheck

Reaction score
I decided on a Raptor for several reasons. I was looking for a big 4x4 truck with some V8 towing power which narrowed it down to Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan. I ultimately chose the Raptor for the following reasons:

1. It has an aggressive stance and looks like it eats children for fuel. It's by far the best looking factory 4x4 out there.
2. It has the most comfortable ride out of the 5 manufacturers, at least in the daily terrain that I drive in. The seats are heavily bolstered and it rides like a luxury car on the highway.
3. YouTube - the videos of guys making insane jumps in these things was more than convincing. I'm not much of an off-roader but I think I found a new hobby.
4. Research from this website - seems everyone is happy with their Raptor.

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And here is my story:

I've never owned anything but Fords. Amongst the many Fords, my favorites were the 93 Lightning, 01 Lightning and 03 Lightning. I am an SVT/Ford fan thru and thru. In 06 I bought a Saleen F-150 and it turned out to be a POS, thanks to the cheap ass Saleen parts and their lovely "Warranty". Anyway, I had been searching for a Raptor for almost a year when I finally found one at a dealership in my home town, 5.5hrs away from my current residents. I called them up and talked to a salesman I had bought from years ago and we worked a trade and sale over the phone. Fast forward to today and I am on Raptor number 2(bought locally) and loving it. Yeah I know that the Raptor and the Lightning are nothing alike, but that is why I have the '11 5.0 GT in the garage putting 400+ to the wheels.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much wanted one since they came out. The short story version is the bypass door on my '01 quit working which led me to being tired of freezing my nuts off during my morning commute. So I traded it in and now I'm a happy Raptor owner with heated/cooled seats, LOL.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why?
Ford went through all the trouble designing and building this truck for me, so the least I could do is get one :)

No, from the moment I first saw one I knew I had to have this truck.