why did you decide to get a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always loved Ford trucks. Needed a new one and began stalking the Raptor on the internet. Once they added the screw I had to have it. Adding red as a color choice helped too. Last 10 personal vehicles have been red. The Raptor on Top Gear didn't hurt either. Finally ordered this fall and it is in transit right now. Can't wait and neither can my wife and kids. Planning a trip to the dunes in MI already for next summer. Gonna keep this one a long time. I am even keeping my old flareside too. Gonna clean it up and use it to haul the crap I don't want to mess up the Raptor with. Sorry for long post. Just really in to this truck even though mine is not here yet.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

dakraptor

Reaction score
I got a 1997 f150 have been driving it since new. Have been looking at trucks for years but there was nothing worth changing trucks for untill the Raptor. I have been lucky bought some land 8 years ago and just sold it for 6 times what i paid for it. Now there is a paid for 13 blue screw in the driveway.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was love at first sight....
and not everyone has one like it....:High 5:

Same here! Had seen a few pass by, loved the look and that it did not have that typical boring utilitarian truck appearance. I didnt even know what a Raptor was until saw one at the State Fair - "Hey! This is that truck that I was telling you about!" Wife rolls her eyes and says. "Ok ok let's keep moving..."

I have ridden the bikes, quads, etc for most of my life and absolutely love all things offroading. As I read the minimal amount of advertising there - this truck's capabilities were just beginning to imprint on my brain... I began to get really excited! Googled it, read a little more, crawled around in that beast and told my wife we were trading her beemer in. She laughed. I didn't. She's not laughing anymore! If she had known about the mods and obsession she would have said no way haha!

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my raptor because well we went to the dealership to test drive a 2013 edge for my mom and she decided she didn't like what the payment ended up being... So while we were there I asked about the raptor, and billy my salesmen worked the numbers down enough to where I could afford the payments with other bills and things. That's how I ended up with my new used 2011 raptor. I traded in my 06 lariat for it. Only 18 year old in town with a raptor lol

My moms kinda pissed that I bought a truck when we were suppose to be gettin her one. Lol

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i cashed in my spare change at the bank, and it came to just under $45,000, so i decided to buy myself something nice with it

003_zps21c657c9.jpg