Truck value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDGen3

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is not a for sale ad. I recently purchased a 23 raptor and I am thinking of getting rid of it. I miss my diesel and wanted some opinions what I should list the truck for and if its worth private party or just trade in. Its a 23 agate black fully loaded 35 has under 3k miles. Thanks appreciate the help.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on where you live, the local market, and how your state treats sales tax on trade ins. Finding some locals to quiz is probably your best bet.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're in San Diego so I would guess your value would be higher nationwide.

Have you checked on Autotrader to see what used 22/23's with similar options are going for?
Around here, South Florida, used 22's go for not too much less than new ones. Do you get "tax credit" for trading it in?

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Trade it if you're buying local (in CA). If you're buying out of state sell it local.

Good luck and enjoy the diesel--nothing wrong with that.

OP
OP
S

SDGen3

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I may try private party and see if there’s interest. No matter what I’ll lose money so I’ll try to give someone local a good deal before trading in. It’s a cool truck but I learned the hard lesson not to let my 11 year old dictate which truck to get haha

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I may try private party and see if there’s interest. No matter what I’ll lose money so I’ll try to give someone local a good deal before trading in. It’s a cool truck but I learned the hard lesson not to let my 11 year old dictate which truck to get haha
Im from san diego,
i got a 2023 base avalanche with 5300 mi and highest ive gotten is 80,000 from ford of chula vista. Still negative about 6k. You prob would get few thousands more in a private sale

Last edited:

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im from san diego,
i got a 2023 base avalanche with 5300 mi and highest ive gotten is from 80,000 from ford of chula vista. Still negative about 6k. You prob would get few thousands more in a private sale
Am I reading this correctly? You owe 86K on a 2023 35 truck? How much are they charging for Raptors in SO-CAL?

OP
OP
S

SDGen3

Reaction score
Mine was 85/86 (msrp) plus 3k over. They originally wanted 20k over but wasn’t happening. Ill probably list around msrp and eat the rest

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine was 85/86 (msrp) plus 3k over. They originally wanted 20k over but wasn’t happening. Ill probably list around msrp and eat the rest
Do you also eat all of the sales tax? What's that, $6k or so? Or do you get to apply it to your next vehicle?