Gen 1 Raptor Options - Pls help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2012, 6.2L Raptor with 258,532 miles. The only major work I had done was Upper and Lower ball joints, which is to be expected given the miles. Routine maintenance is performed at regular intervals and the Raptor still runs strong. The Ford dealer where I had the ball joints replaced services two (2) Gen 1 Raptors each with over 300,000 and no major engine work. They are built tough for Baha runs and are over-engineered for daily driving.
So by routine maintenance you mean all 16 spark plugs, plus coils, plug wires, hoses & belts, engine oil & filter, trans fluid & filter, recharging the refrigerant, cleaning or at least pressure testing the injectors, rebuilding or replacing the Fox 2.5's, plus brake pads & rotors, brake fluid, front and rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, the battery, the IWE lines, and several sets of tire?

mtnghost

Reaction score
Curious as to what all the maintenance items are as per the factory guide, and at what intervals. I have always done full synthetic 5k max oci with filter replacement, coolant and atf every 50-60k depending on quality of fluid and filters used, everything else every 30k. Haven’t had a vehicle with wires in a long time so these are likely longer wearing also plugs may last longer if some special material. My last vehicle a 2004 Dakota with a 4.7l went out with 220k miles and it only died because it got hit while parked. Kid hit it at 100mph!

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My last vehicle a 2004 Dakota with a 4.7l went out with 220k miles and it only died because it got hit while parked. Kid hit it at 100mph!
At one time I had a Porsche 944 and since my contact lens Dr had one as well, we used to swap stories whenever I had my annual eye exam. Then, one time he didn't mention his Porsche, until I asked....... and he said that late one night the streetsweeper fell asleep and pushed his 944 into a tree! He was now driving a 3.5 ton Suburban instead.