New potential Raptor owner needing help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

topgun04

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

Skip the 20s. Does the '18 have all maintenance records? Fox recommends shocks being rebuilt every 40k-50k miles.

Gen 3 has rear coil springs where the Gen 2 has rear leaf springs. The Gen 3 will also have live valve shocks, adjustable in cab. The 17-18 Gen 2 have blue tops, not adjustable in cab. 19-20 Gen 2 have live valve adjustable shocks.

Bottom line is you gotta drive them both. See what feels good to you. Then tailor your search accordingly.
Thanks good info.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the gen 3, trans tuning much better, rides way better, especially since someone was modifying it. Probably had a tune. If we’re 100% stock, maybe.

JustACowboy64

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm looking to purchase a Ford Raptor. I have watched countless videos on all generations and I need advise on two scenarios. First scenario. Buy a one owner 2018 with 39k miles, all options except carbon fiber.50k asking price. Scenario 2, buy a new 2023 fully loaded, asking price with 3k discount is $85600. I can afford either one but after watching many videos most say there isn't a big difference between generation 2 and 3, and the concensus said if there was a low mileage one owner generation 2 that would be the smart move to make. The most off-roading I do is washboard roads and cow pastures when hunting. I'm curious to see what owners here think.
There are so many vids and opinions out there. The set up in Gen 3s are so much better than the others. If you can’t afford the Gen 3 then the 2 is a great truck. However if money is no issue go big or go home.